Kings to move to a singular broadcast team with Nick Nickson, Jim Fox, and Darryl Evans.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
i wonder what drove this? Are there less regional games vs national? Will games be called by Nick on both radio and TV or is radio being cut?

I am excited to listen to Nick more but seems like a bad sign the way this is going down.

kingskring

Dec 3, 2012
Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 11.16.34 AM.png

The lack of a TV partnership is a bit concerning, especially given that Bally Sports is going belly up.
i wonder what drove this? Are there less regional games vs national? Will games be called by Nick on both radio and TV or is radio being cut?

I am excited to listen to Nick more but seems like a bad sign the way this is going down.
It's cool guys, we have a very business saavy and ivy league educated President.

hahahahahahahaahahha
you guys realize this is affecting literally every North America sport...

Padres are having their games broadcast by MLB directly...

Bally's going belly up is going to cause massive changes wrt sports broadcasts

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Well this is certainly big news. I understand that Bally Sports is in complete shambles right now, but didn't expect the Kings to be without a TV Partnership right now and didn't expect Faust to be cut loose. I know many here and elsewhere had issues with Faust, but I never had a problem with him and definitely thought he got better on the job over the years. I didn't expect him to be here long term because of all the broadcast he does outside of the Kings, but this is a surprise and especially don't want someone losing their job because of this.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
View attachment 715293

you guys realize this is affecting literally every North America sport...

Padres are having their games broadcast by MLB directly...

Bally's going belly up is going to cause massive changes wrt sports broadcasts

Yeah we know, everything is 'how could they possibly prepare for this' and the answer as always is

They're f***ing compensated literally millions to and what other NHL franchises is this happening to?

kingskring

Dec 3, 2012
Yeah we know, everything is 'how could they possibly prepare for this' and the answer as always is

They're f***ing compensated literally millions to and what other NHL franchises is this happening to?
Pretty clear you have no clue what you are talking about... large broadcast corporations going belly never happens

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Hopefully i will still be able to buy the nhl center ice deal for tv . Because it looks like for outof the la area fans we're gonna be screwed fir watching thekings on tv

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
IMG_5277.jpeg

Looks like Nick Nickson is going to be working with Jim Fox. That’s an improvement.

I know it’s tough for Faust, but I’ll gladly say I’m happy he isn’t going to bore me to death anymore.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Pretty clear you have no clue what you are talking about... large broadcast corporations going belly never happens

I guess we'll see 30 other teams following suit in short order then right?

Is there anything more Kings than letting go of a promising young talent in favor of a late-game veteran because of poor management?

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
He'll be better on Jeopardy, and he can announce the next Ottawa draft pick for all I care. Good luck! He gave his best, but one adjective that comes to my mind in conjunction with him is cheesy. :blah:

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Looks like Nick Nickson is going to be working with Jim Fox. That’s an improvement.

I know it’s tough for Faust, but I’ll gladly say I’m happy he isn’t going to bore me to death anymore.
lot of folks around here called it too, this was just a stepping stone to a national assignment for him, i imagine that's where he's headed

Reactions: kingsfan28

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad