Confirmed with Link: Kings Sign Mersch,Dowd!

donkozak

Feb 16, 2014
canada
The Los Angeles Kings have signed Michael Mersch and Nic Dowd as per Elite hockey Prospects!I've been looking for some news for days and today is the day! Now I'm looking for them to sign Kevin Gravel! I imagine the Kings will send them to Manchester where they'll be great additions for the play-offs!!!Luv to see the Monarchs win a championship!!!

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
The Mayor John Hoven ‏@mayorNHL 3m
#LAKings prospect update ... Both @JimmyDowder26 and @mikemersch25 are headed to Manchester.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Really excited to see Dowd play in the AHL. I have a handle on how I think M&M is going to play but Dude (duder, duderino if you not into that brevity thing) could be fun to watch now that he will be unleashed.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
MAN is going to be stacked once Gravel signs and arrives. the wild card is Jonny B, hard to say from an outsider what may happen with him. if he signs and goes to MAN, then they really will be loaded up for the playoffs

KingKopitar11*

Especially in the NHL.

You can clearly see how someone like Doughty's been affected by not having his college degree.

Agreed, I think if he knew the value of Pi, he probably wouldn't have fell on that play that lead to a breakaway.

dogyekcoh*

Agreed, I think if he knew the value of Pi, he probably wouldn't have fell on that play that lead to a breakaway.

In Doughty case, not knowing the value of "Pi" was a small factor or caused of that play. I believed the amount of "Pie" was the major factor for him to fell.

Oh, and the grease from his hair might have contribute to the slip and slide on ice as well.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
I thought they are both seniors? Gravel is too. Jonny B. is the only one that isnt. He's a sophmore.

They are, but doesn't the school year end in May? They're about 6 weeks shy, I would imagine. I wonder if they'll be able to finish their classes online, the way Alec Martinez is completing his accounting degree.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Signing JonnyB would make sense if SCS is graduating too much talent and needs to rebuild somewhat. If they're still going to have a strong program, I'd expect him to stay and take charge much like Gravel and Dowd did.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Dowd will be finishing his degree, two of his classes are online and he will make arrangements for his others (he's pre-med BTW and was the NCHC scholar athlete) You will have to wait for Brodz though, he's going nowhere and it is likely he stays all 4 years.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
Thanks, Rabid Husky. It's good to know that they're thinking long-term. They seem like solid guys, leaders with a strong work ethic, and the Kings are lucky to have them.

The Exiled One

Sep 1, 2006
State of Hockey
www.dahuskies.com
Dowd will be finishing his degree, two of his classes are online and he will make arrangements for his others (he's pre-med BTW and was the NCHC scholar athlete) You will have to wait for Brodz though, he's going nowhere and it is likely he stays all 4 years.
Seconded. Gravel and Dowd are both expected to finish their coursework. Brodzinski has publicly and emphatically guaranteed that he'll be staying all four years.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I'm happy to see the kids signed and moving up the system. This type of thing is why we are going to continue being contenders. Just keep replenishing the system. I think if we keep doing this we won't have to go outside the system to replace players. That would also allow us to draft better as we will have all our picks. This draft id like to see a few rws and centers as i see that being set at d and lw for the forseeable future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad