Confirmed with Link: Kings sign free agent defenseman Stepan Falkovsky

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
More competition for Camp.

Looks Like Blake wants people sweating about losing their spots.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=248808

A gigantic two-way defenceman that displays good offensive and defensive instincts. Quicker decision making is something he will have to work on, but he has already shown progress as he develops into a reliable two-way player. Excellent shot and passing ability in the offensive end. Becoming more physical and can create separation decisively. Proactive defensively and shows good instincts when moving the puck out. All-in-all, a poised and reliable defenceman that has the potential to develop into a strong, physical two-way player. (Curtis Joe, EP 2015)

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Flames fan in peace. Falkovsky was a very intriguing prospect. Some of us were excited about him as an interesting late round player to keep tabs on. I think a few fans remarked he plays a style where converting him to wing could work very well.

2016 draft pick. Rumor is, there's some issues behind the scenes, but no idea what it is and no sources. But him being released from our org so soon has to be some sort of major red flag IMO. Hopefully whatever it is is fixable and things work out for him and your org though.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
Flames fan in peace. Falkovsky was a very intriguing prospect. Some of us were excited about him as an interesting late round player to keep tabs on. I think a few fans remarked he plays a style where converting him to wing could work very well.

We've actually done that before and got a useful trade out of that. (Nic Deslauriers, D -> LW)

2016 draft pick. Rumor is, there's some issues behind the scenes, but no idea what it is and no sources. But him being released from our org so soon has to be some sort of major red flag IMO. Hopefully whatever it is is fixable and things work out for him and your org though.

We've been through that before, too. Sigh. (Patrik Bartosak)

Not too reassuring, but thanks for the info.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i get the impression falkovsky just wanted a better chance at moving up, i don't think its fair to make a bartosak comparison really.. thought i read that there was more of a logjam at D for the flames system than the kings system?

idk, someone that size who displays any form of skating skill is probably worth a chance. it's just an ELC after all. sure would be interesting as a winger, guys like boyle cause problems even if there isn't necessarily the offensive upside

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
i get the impression falkovsky just wanted a better chance at moving up, i don't think its fair to make a bartosak comparison really.. thought i read that there was more of a logjam at D for the flames system than the kings system?

idk, someone that size who displays any form of skating skill is probably worth a chance. it's just an ELC after all. sure would be interesting as a winger, guys like boyle cause problems even if there isn't necessarily the offensive upside

Yep, because most of their recent draftees are still too young, too.

His skating skill is such many of them were suggesting trying him at wing. He's an intriguing blend of tools, it's a nice swing. Reportedly horrid defensively but if there's a team that can work on that...

Edit: whoops I see Fig said a lot of that above. Thanks for the report :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad