Confirmed with Link: Kings Sign Four Free Agents: Gilbert, Trotman, Zatkoff, Latta

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I think DL is up to his old tricks by forcing guys to win jobs and not just be given jobs. I'm fine with that. Force Lombardi to promote you.

Also since we didn't have that many picks in the draft, we can stock our prospect pool with younger guys like Trotman and Latta.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Off season plan: get out of bad contracts, let your best UFA walk and lose (Jones, Miller and Kyle Connor) sign fringe NHL players and 'save' cap space to sign Toffoli and Pearson...and keep #1 2017 pick, as we may be a lottery team.

Time to start looking at the 2017 draft pool. Is it deep?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Am I missing something here?

Doughty
Muffin
Martinez
McNabb
Forbort
Gravel
Greene
Scuderi
Trotman
Gilbert

Scuderi will be buried in Ontario.

Forbort won't be on the Kings opening night lineup.

Greene is made of glass and chances are he's just as likely to be on IR as he is to be in the opening night lineup.

So that leaves about 7 of the names on your list who may likely make up the blueline.

sinister6000

Apr 30, 2013
Backups, 4th liners, and bottom 6 defense men. I'm not shocked anymore, the Kings have never signed top fee agents. This is pretty typical of Dean Lombardi.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Am I missing something here?

Doughty
Muffin
Martinez
McNabb
Forbort
Gravel
Greene
Scuderi
Trotman
Gilbert

Yes...a barf bag. I guess the hope is, that Gravel becomes a young Willie Mitchell and that Trotman emerges
better than the other young D they have brought in...Ellerby, McNabb.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Is Trotman two way?

Gilbert is a lock. Gravel can still go to the AHL. Forbort will have to clear waivers.

Doughty-McNabb
Martinez-Muzzin
Gilbert-Forbort/Greene

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Backups, 4th liners, and bottom 6 defense men. I'm not shocked anymore, the Kings have never signed top fee agents. This is pretty typical of Dean Lombardi.

Some of us were expecting this, take my post from last night for example. ;)

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=120216049&postcount=24
Gonna go with this option as well.

This feels like the makings of the 2002 offseason, which had the Kings making the following transactions...

- Acquired Derek Armstrong from the New York Rangers for a 6th round pick
- Acquired Erik Rasmussen from the Buffalo Sabres for Adam Mair and a 5th round pick
- Signed Chris McAlpine
- Signed Brad Norton

We didn't call him Dumpster Diving Dave Taylor for no reason.

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
So glad I didn't take today off.

Kings should have just signed Zatkoff and promoted Kempe.

Not sure if anything else will filter in but I had almost forgot that garbage bin smell.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
So glad I didn't take today off.

Kings should have just signed Zatkoff and promoted Kempe.

Not sure if anything else will filter in but I had almost forgot that garbage bin smell.

Why are some people so eager to see Kempe struggle playing NHL top Defenders, He struggles enough playing AHL Defenders.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Those guys have actually produced something against NHL competition.

Minus Mersch who is still a prospect pretty much.

I don't want Kempe up here, but I seriously doubt he could be any worse than Brown and Clifford have been the last two years.

And King stunk up the joint the end of last season too.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
I just don't see Trotman ahead of Forbort or Gravel. Will be in Ontario. Gilbert will be the 7th. Scuderi will be in Ontario. These are depth signings. I can still see a trade though. Perhaps Forbort/Gravel, or moving Matt Greene if they have to. Would anyone take him?

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Those guys have actually produced something against NHL competition.

Yeah, lets keep him in the AHL a couple more seasons.

I know LA isn't going to just throw him in the lineup. But I hope to God that if he has a good camp, the kid gets his nine games to show what he has on an actual scoring line.

LA sorely lacks in speed, which is an asset Kempe has.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Maybe the Kings can unload Forbort for another disappointing player who needs a change of scenery. Preferably a center.

Actually mentioned Forbort for Beau Bennett before he was dealt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad