Confirmed with Link: Kings sign camp invitee Damir Sharipzyanov to ELC

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Who does his game remind you of?

What is his upside?

What us the soonest you can see him playing in the NHL?

Boxers or briefs?

Hard to say, in regards to a comparison, because his game continues to evolve. Offensive side of things really improved for him last year (especially in terms of confidence). Maybe someone like Fedor Tyutin. Good open ice hitter and aggressive, but not a monster physically near the crease. Uses physicality as more of a way to quell the rush. Big shot from the point and decent offensive skills, but can still be prone to some mistakes with the puck. And decent defensively, but still learning to read and react in zone coverage (can get lost running around a bit).

Upside, I could see him as a 4-5 defender who could play on the 2nd powerplay unit.

NHL ETA: A little while. He's the type of guy who'll need this year of junior, then at least a couple years in the AHL.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It's never bad when you can get good potential from a UDFA. Could still grow into that frame a bit too and I dig the improvements he's made over time, should be excellent ball of clay for our dev team. Thanks for all the feedback all. I like this even more today than yesterday.

(...but not as much as tomorrow)

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Hard to say, in regards to a comparison, because his game continues to evolve. Offensive side of things really improved for him last year (especially in terms of confidence). Maybe someone like Fedor Tyutin. Good open ice hitter and aggressive, but not a monster physically near the crease. Uses physicality as more of a way to quell the rush. Big shot from the point and decent offensive skills, but can still be prone to some mistakes with the puck. And decent defensively, but still learning to read and react in zone coverage (can get lost running around a bit).

Upside, I could see him as a 4-5 defender who could play on the 2nd powerplay unit.

NHL ETA: A little while. He's the type of guy who'll need this year of junior, then at least a couple years in the AHL.

So happy for Sharpie! Kid definitely deserves this kind of attention from NHL teams.

And Brock I pretty much agree with your scouting report bang on, although I think the physical part of his game might be overstated here. His ability to be a modern two-way defenseman seems to be his defining feature in my eyes, with that little bit of snarl thrown in there. But the projection and ETA seem perfectly reasonable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad