Pre-Game Talk: Kings @ SENS, Thursday night 7 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
LA looks like a good team that should present the Sens all kinds of problems. This Sens lineup won against Pittsburgh. It will likely be a much tougher test tonight. Its hard to feel confident looking at the D corps coupled with the Jekyl and Hyde performances the Sens have put up. But that's why they play the games so lets hope for another good result.

Reactions: Cosmix and K1900L

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
We need our best players to be our best players tonight. That sounds like a Captain Obvious statement, but it is how the Canucks are winning right now - they have Petersson, Miller, Hughes and Boeser to some extent going at top gear, with Demko back in a groove. With last change at home, our top line guys need to take advantage of favourable matchups and be the ones leading the charge. I'm looking for a breakout game from Jimmy - he's overdue.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
We need our best players to be our best players tonight. That sounds like a Captain Obvious statement, but it is how the Canucks are winning right now - they have Petersson, Miller, Hughes and Boeser to some extent going at top gear, with Demko back in a groove. With last change at home, our top line guys need to take advantage of favourable matchups and be the ones leading the charge. I'm looking for a breakout game from Jimmy - he's overdue.
Exactly this. We have some lethal offensive weapons, but they have to execute.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Last in the division baby. Felt wrong being in the playoff spot.
Loser points suck, especially when we are not getting them ourselves. It should really be 3-2-1 point system, but whatever.

Win tonight we jump to 6th baby.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Going to go out on a limb and guess better coaching, better defensive coverage, less defensive zone giveaways leading to high danger shots.

Or maybe he’s just more of an all year round jorts kinda guy.

His start in Ottawa wasn’t bad. He was 10-9-1 2.66 gaa .915 sv% to start. Even if he had some stinkers in there, he was solid most nights. It’s the latter half where he struggled.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Feel bad for forsberg. Battled back from serious injury, outplayed korpi, sits on bench.
I get it, korpisalo is supposed to be the #1 guy. Still wish forsberg could ride his hot streak.
The hot streak ended, letting in 4 goals on 9 shots or whatever it was, Korpi played the next game and was solid.
Don’t see an issue, he’ll be back in net soon.

Reactions: LiseL and Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Korpi has to be first star tonight.
Either that or the skaters come to play a strong game without taking more penalties than LA and keeping the shots against down. Hopefully both.

The team is already playing at an "out of the playoffs" pace so they must get their act together and win this game to get back into the race. If they don't, the coaching staff will begin to feel the heat, as will the POHO to make changes, if this team is still playing at an "out of the playoffs " pace during the next 2 months.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
going out to watch my local chl team tomorrow night so gonna miss this game but go sens go!
Tape it and watch later but do not listen to the radio or look at any notifications. :)

No Zub no lube for our goalie. This sucks, hopefully he is on the mend and it's a matter of time. Cannot sustain for long without the most reliable d-man not named Sanderson.

On the other end, somewhat expect our offence to pump up the LA starter and score 5 goals +/-.

Big game for DJ and the coaching staff.
Sanderson looks so good as both a defensive and offensive d'man; I am so disappointed in JBD and the GM not drafting K'Andre Miller instead of the JBD+Tychonic duo. Ewe could have had a very good set of 6D now.

Reactions: armani

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Why is JBD playing? IMO Max Guenette deserves a shot instead. JBD = useless
I'd like to see Thomson get a chance too, in addition to Guenette. I like his skating ability which I think is one key to being a great player in this league.

I expect a trade to occur in the next 2 months to clear cap space to sign Pinto.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I'd like to see Thomson get a chance too, in addition to Guenette. I like his skating ability which I think is one key to being a great player in this league.

I expect a trade to occur in the next 2 months to clear cap space to sign Pinto.
Thompson needs to learn how to defend before he gets another chance here. We waived him and then the Ducks waived him then nobody claimed him.

He was brutal in the preseason. He can bear down and build up some equity in Belleville to deserve a shot in Ottawa.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Thompson needs to learn how to defend before he gets another chance here. We waived him and then the Ducks waived him then nobody claimed him.

He was brutal in the preseason. He can bear down and build up some equity in Belleville to deserve a shot in Ottawa.
Ottawa reclaimed him. :)

I understand but hope he does improve his defensive game.

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
Yeah seems like it. DJ mentioned that he was dizzy when asked about an update at one point.
Could be a concussion or perhaps an inner ear issue. All kinds of ugly issues can present wrt to a bad hit there... balance, equilibrium, dizziness. A relative had vertigo issues for a while from an IE infection and it was debilitating at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad