Confirmed with Link: Kings re-sign Amadio, Roy, Brickley and Rempal

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
I hope Brickley learns how to play D. The guy can move very, very well, only he ends up moving to the wrong places!!! Excellent size and speed, though.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Rhempals foot speed seemed below replacement in his limited nhl action.

I think Luff and Wagner showed more and passed him. But they also played later in the season when expectations had cratered.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Rhempals foot speed seemed below replacement in his limited nhl action.

I think Luff and Wagner showed more and passed him. But they also played later in the season when expectations had cratered.

I feel like his foot speed/skating/agility was all actually well above average, but he was so tentative that it made him look slow.

jfont

Feb 27, 2002
Los Angeles
Rempal is quick in the games I've seen him play. I like Lizzote's game as well. For an undersized player, he likes to drive to the net

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I don’t see a future for any of these guys in a few years on a contending Kings roster.

Reactions: lumbergh

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
I don’t see a future for any of these guys in a few years on a contending Kings roster.
I do like Amadio's potential. I think he could be an outstanding 4C, maybe a good 3C for a good team. He's very smart and plays a heady game. -1 in 43 games as the 4C, playing more with Clifford and Wagner than with any other forwards. Highest goals for per 60 minutes at 5 vs. 5 by a country mile for centers this past year. I'd like to see more of him this year.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Amadio was a beast in junior. Very impressive 2 way game. If he could gain a step or two I think he could be a legit top 9 maybe top 6 in the NHL.

Yea I don't think we've seen the best from Amadio yet. His underlying metrics are very respectable, even strong. Hoping that translates to better production and effectiveness on the ice. I don't think the guy will be a crazy scorer, but more like a Stoll type, which is a team need. If he can pull that off, he'd fit nicely into the core that's being built.

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
Amadio has really great vision from what I remember in his limited minutes. Put him with some scorers and he'll put up good numbers. Hopefully Mclellan gives him a better chance. Only thing with Amadio is its hard to tell what his compete level is. He never strikes me as lazy but i never get the sense hes giving it his all. Maybe thats not fair though because im partially equating 'trying' with getting dirty and checking and throwing himself around, and hes just not that type of player.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
You guys really need to understand that when you say "scorer" and are talking about bottom six roles that = 20 to 30 points in the NHL on average. Also 35+ point producing bottom six players spend a decent amount of time being go-between for their teams top six.

Put it this way, Trevor Lewis 16-18 seasons kept pace with Casey Cizkas (easily the best bottom six player in the league).

So if you're talking about a bottom six scorer, Trevor Lewis and Kyle Clifford are exactly that. Wagner also put up solid numbers in his first year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
You guys really need to understand that when you say "scorer" and are talking about bottom six roles that = 20 to 30 points in the NHL on average. Also 35+ point producing bottom six players spend a decent amount of time being go-between for their teams top six.

Put it this way, Trevor Lewis 16-18 seasons kept pace with Casey Cizkas (easily the best bottom six player in the league).

So if you're talking about a bottom six scorer, Trevor Lewis and Kyle Clifford are exactly that. Wagner also put up solid numbers in his first year.

Which is made even more impressive given the Kings have been a bottom-rung offensive team while the Isles have been near the top till now.

Reactions: tonellisghost

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad