Pre-Game Talk: Kings @ Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerDude

Mar 8, 2015
Kings will go up by 2 goals, Rangers will tie it up late in the 3rd and win in OT on a controversial goalie interference non call.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Honest....at this point:

LOSE, LOSE, LOSE.

I DO NOT want to end up in 1st and play the Sens in the first round. Much rather end up 2nd and play the Caps.

The thing about the Senators is nobody wants to play the hot team. That's true. And the hottest team in the league is the New York Rangers.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
The thing about the Senators is nobody wants to play the hot team. That's true. And the hottest team in the league is the New York Rangers.

No denying that from me. But I'd rather not face the 2nd hottest team in the east....they will be one of the few teams that would put up a huge fight vs us in the 1st round.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Boston is huge and will at the very least tire the Rangers, possibly injure them. Anyone but the Bruins.

Cobra Jack*

Honest....at this point:

LOSE, LOSE, LOSE.

I DO NOT want to end up in 1st and play the Sens in the first round. Much rather end up 2nd and play the Caps.

I want the Presidents Trophy. I remember people also being scared of the Islanders in 1994. How'd that turn out?

Last edited by a moderator:

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Honest....at this point:

LOSE, LOSE, LOSE.

I rather not win a cup without having faced the best teams in the league, whoever that might be.

Avoiding teams because they "can beat us" just leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

Truth is that the Rangers can be relegated by any team in playoff time. And beat any team, we shouldnt be worried about facing anyone if we want the cup

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
Honest....at this point:

LOSE, LOSE, LOSE.

Are you kidding me man? Last seed ends up as last seed for a reason. Flawed team. In a 7 game series the cream rises to the top the vast majority of the time. Also it's not like we don't have a goalie that can keep pace with Hammond... We have two...

Open Mind

Nov 14, 2014
Honest....at this point:

LOSE, LOSE, LOSE.

Yikes. I hope and suspect no one in the NYR locker room is thinking this way. Our team has proven incredibly difficult to beat; we should be looking to secure home ice advantage for as long as possible. Having the last line change, especially in games 5 and 7, is HUGE.

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
Also I can go for another 7-2 curb stomping. This is a sorry ass Kings team that deserves to be scraped off the ice. Really ridiculous that this team is the reigning "champions" when they struggle to make the playoffs almost every year.

While the playoff Kings are a different team, I wouldn't fear them should we meet them in the final again. This is a much better Rangers team than last year. Also keep in mind that we would have home ice this time around too.

Morten

May 24, 2014
If we play the sens Krieder can just take Hammond out! ;}

A Sharks player ran Hammond last night (without getting tripped into him) and Hammond seemed injured on the play, yet there is no thread on the main forum about it :D

Dalagaze

Rangers in 7
Apr 6, 2012
NY
A Sharks player ran Hammond last night (without getting tripped into him) and Hammond seemed injured on the play, yet there is no thread on the main forum about it :D

The double standard for Kreider on the main board is ridiculous. The guy could cure cancer, but everyone will still hate him for getting tripped into a ****ing goalie.

But, who cares? Let the ******** flow....

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
Los Angeles has no answer for our speed. None. I smell another nice whoopin' of a Western "beast" team.

Rangers 5
Kings 1

Nash (2), Zuccarello, Girardi, Hayes

...and although I am guilty of a little panic over the Sens, the only thing to do is win win win. The Sens have a good chance to pass the Caps and we still play them twice to gauge how a matchup against them will go.

Morten

May 24, 2014
I don't fear us playing the Sens, I think they rely on their goalie too much just like Montreal

RangersOwnNewYork*

The Sens are the real deal. They are getting great goaltending and are scoring a lot of goals. The 13-1 streak they are on is no mirage. They are very good and can be dangerous in the 1st round. I would rather play the caps or bruins instead.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Los Angeles has no answer for our speed. None. I smell another nice whoopin' of a Western "beast" team.

Rangers 5
Kings 1

Nash (2), Zuccarello, Girardi, Hayes

...and although I am guilty of a little panic over the Sens, the only thing to do is win win win. The Sens have a good chance to pass the Caps and we still play them twice to gauge how a matchup against them will go.

Los Angeles, even in the state they are now, are a MUCH better team than the Ducks.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
Los Angeles, even in the state they are now, are a MUCH better team than the Ducks.

Yes they are. I still expect a similar result to our Western swing. We beat the Ducks 4-1 and the Kings basically 4-2 (late fluky goal). We beat the Ducks 7-2... so a lesser but still impressive victory over the Kings is what I expect tonight.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle

Certainly MUCH better goaltending.

Let's not forget that the 7-2 score wasn't completely indicative of what happened the other night.

That being said, I liked the shoot 1st mentality (especially from Yandle and Steps) so keep doing that... yeah... please.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
**** losing to avoid Ottawa. Crush this team for all the ******** they got away with in June. Crush them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad