Kings purple jersey

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
Did the OP mean our third jerseys (last year's home jersey) or our throwback/legend night jerseys?

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Did the OP mean our third jerseys (last year's home jersey) or our throwback/legend night jerseys?

Pretty sure he means the purple jerseys worn during the legends games.

As far as the authentics being offered at the Team LA Store, I doubt it ever happens as long as Luc is pushing the lame black and white color scheme that he is in love with.

PavelBure

Jan 5, 2003
edmonton

Yeah I mean the legend jerseys. I was in la a couple weeks ago and I was at the Daryl Evans night and they were wearing them. I really want a kopitar one but I can't find any online

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Yeah I mean the legend jerseys. I was in la a couple weeks ago and I was at the Daryl Evans night and they were wearing them. I really want a kopitar one but I can't find any online

The only way you might be able to get an authentic is to buy a game worn jersey, but they are very expensive, especially Kopitar's. I have seen the game worn jerseys for sale from time to time at some of the kiosks in the premiere/suite seating area at Staples Center.

Doubt you find one online unless the original owner has to sell.

Galamoor

Oct 29, 2010
Thousand Oaks
Last year they were selling the game worn purple jerseys just past the Team LA store in the hallway. I don't want to lay down the cash to get a kopitar or doughty jersey - but I was thinking of picking up a third or forth liner's jersey - depending on the price. In fact I am pretty sure there was still some left at the end of the year and they were 40% off. I have not seen them out there this year - they only have some of quicks pads out there this year.

Last edited:

Magicman

Mar 18, 2008
I know who owns this Jersey.

Second gamer, 1st gamer NNOB was sold to a card company and cut up.

This is from the Edmonton Game 1/15/11.

Doughty 1 goal, 2 assists first star of the game.

The party is interested in selling.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I know who owns this Jersey.

Second gamer, 1st gamer NNOB was sold to a card company and cut up.

This is from the Edmonton Game 1/15/11.

Doughty 1 goal, 2 assists first star of the game.

The party is interested in selling.

How much YOU want for it? :laugh:

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Pretty sure he means the purple jerseys worn during the legends games.

As far as the authentics being offered at the Team LA Store, I doubt it ever happens as long as Luc is pushing the lame black and white color scheme that he is in love with.

Come one, Luc said the fans have spoken and they want black and white with homeplate.

You... don't think he's just saying that do you?

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
Come one, Luc said the fans have spoken and they want black and white with homeplate.

You... don't think he's just saying that do you?

of course he is at this point. his rep is on the line now that they made the change.

not sure who they surveyed, but most everyone i know that are LA fans don't like the homeplate. most everyone on Kings boards prefer some mix of purple/gold and the old crown. personally i think it came down to Luc's preference more than anything, seeing as how the numbers don't shake out in surveys.

Hammond ran the one last spring and it was overwhelmingly purple/gold. i ran one on puck daddy and it was a mix of purple/gold with some different changes to the logo.

when all you sell at Staples is black jerseys, then guess what. a large proportion of fans in attendance will be wearing......black jerseys. go figure

im to the point now that this year's third (the previous home) looks good and exciting. the small bit of color on the shoulders and sleeves makes them 'pop' compared to the dull ass black/white/silver.

pray in a few years they will want to re-roll this so they can sell more jerseys and we can finally see the homeplate retired

RonSwanson*

of course he is at this point. his rep is on the line now that they made the change.

not sure who they surveyed, but most everyone i know that are LA fans don't like the homeplate. most everyone on Kings boards prefer some mix of purple/gold and the old crown. personally i think it came down to Luc's preference more than anything, seeing as how the numbers don't shake out in surveys.

Hammond ran the one last spring and it was overwhelmingly purple/gold. i ran one on puck daddy and it was a mix of purple/gold with some different changes to the logo.

when all you sell at Staples is black jerseys, then guess what. a large proportion of fans in attendance will be wearing......black jerseys. go figure

im to the point now that this year's third (the previous home) looks good and exciting. the small bit of color on the shoulders and sleeves makes them 'pop' compared to the dull ass black/white/silver.

pray in a few years they will want to re-roll this so they can sell more jerseys and we can finally see the homeplate retired

I disagree with you 100%. I can't stand the old home uniforms with the purple shoulder yokes. They were awful.

I like the current uniforms. They are classy, bold, and the players like them.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
I disagree with you 100%. I can't stand the old home uniforms with the purple shoulder yokes. They were awful.

I like the current uniforms. They are classy, bold, and the players like them.

i hated them also. now i only like them because there is some color on them. all black is boring. all white is boring

RonSwanson*

I would love to see the throwback uniforms become the standard third jerseys, worn about 10 times/year.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Hey wasn't sure where else to put this but has anyone ever purchased a jersey from coolhockey.com? Are they legit?

mikeneezy

May 3, 2013
Southern California
Hey wasn't sure where else to put this but has anyone ever purchased a jersey from coolhockey.com? Are they legit?

Coolhockey.com is legit. I have ordered from them a few times. Check out icejerseys.com and sportsk.com

But for the purple ones, teamla carries them. Unfortunately, they are the old CCM ones not the new edge ones.

Captain Mittens*

Too legit to quit

stop-hammer-time.jpg

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
If you want a real one and don't want to have to pay Meigray's price this is the only ones I have seen for sale. I came across them last week.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOS-ANGELES...EBOK-EDGE-20-7287-HOCKEY-JERSEY-/291010753138

he has been selling them for close to two months now. he also has the home black. these are the Canadian Edge 2.0s, not the Indo Edge 2.0 trash.

River City Sports also has the home blacks for a bit less

when it comes to customizing try Bobcat Athletics, they do the team's jerseys. it may be slow turnover for 1 off's though, but at least it will be done properly. i've got some places for customizing. if you need info just pm me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad