Voting Results:
1. Brandt Clarke, D (98.8%)
2. Alex Turcotte, F (37.7%)
3. Francesco Pinelli, F (47.5%)
4. Alex Laferriere, F (34.3%)
5. Martin Chromiak, F (33.9%)
6. Samuel Fagemo, F (42.6%)
7. Jakob Dvorak, D (23.7%)
8. Koehn Ziemmer, F (24.1% - Tiebreaker vote from me)
9. Kirill Kirsanov, D (37.5%)
10. Erik Portillo, G (43.5%)
11. Samuel Helenius, F (34.9%)
12. Kenny Connors, F (42.9%)
13. Akil Thomas, F (32.3%)
14. Aatu Jamsen, F (25%)
15. Kasper Simontaival, F (42.4%)
16. Jack Hughes, F (28.1%)
17. Jacob Moverare, D (30.8%)
18. Hampton Slukynsky, G (32.1%)
19. Otto Salin, D (42.9%)
20. Matthew Mania, D (57.1%)
21. Kim Nousiainen, D (35.3%)
22. Ryan Conmy, F (23.8%)
23. Tyler Madden, F (27.3%)
24. Cole Krygier, D (23.5%)
25. Angus Booth, D (27.8% - Tiebreaker vote from me)
26. Andre Lee, F (50%)

Nobody left to nominate. As a reminder, cut off for this poll is Calder eligibility.

I will not vote in any polls unless there is a tiebreaker.

The "prospect" lineup:

Chromiak - Turcotte - Laferriere
Connors - Pinelli - Fagemo
Jamsen - Helenius - Ziemmer
Thomas - Hughes - Simontaival
Lee - Conmy - Madden

Dvorak - Clarke
Kirsanov - Salin
Moverare - Mania
Nousiainen - Krygier
Booth - RD

Portillo
Slukynsky

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
It's cute that you're acting like the Kings have more than 10 prospects that have any change in hell of reaching the NHL.
Two years ago, Jordan Spence was 16th by fan voting. Moverare was 18th. Durzi was 25th. I was going to compare this list with that one at the conclusion of these polls.

This isn't about thinking the Kings have more than 10 prospects with NHL potential. And it never was.

It's about reflecting how we rate and view prospects. And trying to identify what gets overlooked by those who follow prospects closely (including myself).

Plus it's a slow summer and we've had a lot of acrimonious threads and discussions. It's to pass the time.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Two years ago, Jordan Spence was 16th by fan voting. Moverare was 18th. Durzi was 25th. I was going to compare this list with that one at the conclusion of these polls.

This isn't about thinking the Kings have more than 10 prospects with NHL potential. And it never was.

It's about reflecting how we rate and view prospects. And trying to identify what gets overlooked by those who follow prospects closely (including myself).

Plus it's a slow summer and we've had a lot of acrimonious threads and discussions. It's to pass the time.

Taylor Ward should be about 10-12 spots higher.

And in my opinion only Clarke and maybe Pinelli have a better shot at a long NHL career than Connors. Dude has "it", even if its just in a bottom six spot. Same deal as Matt Roy, it was easily apparent that he was going to make it early on in his Reign days, but its easy to sleep on their chances since these kids are largely just names until you see them on a regular basis.

I really, really dislike using 3rd to 5th round picks on "highly talented but longshot due to _______" players and honestly believe that those picks should be used on lower ceiling role players with a higher chance at making it.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland

yeah I know, just giving you shit.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Isn't Ward like 25? Kinda hard to compare him to young guys 18-22. He should be much more advanced and NHL ready. But i do hope he is a really good player for the bottom lines in the near future.

For me, it's Jack Sparkes. IDK why, but i think in a few years, we're gonna look back and say wow what a fantastic 6th round pick and other teams wondering why they didn't get this guy. He's going to take a while -- fill out that large body and learn to skate/play being so tall. But guys won't like playing against him once he does.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
yeah I know, just giving you shit.
Sorry. Hard to tell nowadays. I shoulda known better 😁

Isn't Ward like 25? Kinda hard to compare him to young guys 18-22. He should be much more advanced and NHL ready. But i do hope he is a really good player for the bottom lines in the near future.

For me, it's Jack Sparkes. IDK why, but i think in a few years, we're gonna look back and say wow what a fantastic 6th round pick and other teams wondering why they didn't get this guy. He's going to take a while -- fill out that large body and learn to skate/play being so tall. But guys won't like playing against him once he does.
That's part of the reason I'm not high on Ward. I understand why others like him though.

Sparkes has flown under the radar in my opinion.

Reactions: Schrute farms

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad