Kings Outdoor Game

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Hello Kings fans,

I'm wondering when tickets go on sale for the Jan.25 outdoor game versus the Ducks.

Do season tickets holders already have theirs?

Thanks.

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
My brother is a STH and he was only allowed to buy 4. They went on sale a while back for STH. Not sure if they did a public sale or not already.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
At the Kings Ducks game they ran an ad that said if you wanted tickets to this game go to a booth behind section 214. Answer buy season tickets.

On one hand, I want the event to be a great success, on the other hand, I hope to see a bunch of empty seats that were bought up by scalpers that couldn't be resold. It's ridiculous that they aren't releasing any tickets to the public.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
So no public tickets for this? I would love to attend my first ever Kings home game at this game, should I be scouring stubhub for tickets?

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
So no public tickets for this? I would love to attend my first ever Kings home game at this game, should I be scouring stubhub for tickets?

Luc said the other day, in one of the many articles, that they havent decided if they are going on sale to the public. There was even a hint that the most expensive tickets may be priced too high. I think sales have slowed down and they are looking at options

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
Some cool pictures of the last one posted on Reddit: http://imgur.com/a/NDkiz

Great collection of photos. I feel like a lot of the same fashions are in today (ie throwback/vintage).

Is anyone familiar with Dodger Stadium seating? I seems like a lot of the seats are so low that you won't get a good view, but then the next best option is to sit way high up, where you get a better view, but from way further. Are the Pavillion (outfield) seats any good? For reference, it looks like the center ice dot is on or near 2nd base.

Great collection of photos. I feel like a lot of the same fashions are in today (ie throwback/vintage).

Is anyone familiar with Dodger Stadium seating? I seems like a lot of the seats are so low that you won't get a good view, but then the next best option is to sit way high up, where you get a better view, but from way further. Are the Pavillion (outfield) seats any good? For reference, it looks like the center ice dot is on or near 2nd base.

It looks to me like the best seats are in the first/third base sides on the second level. The closer you are to the actual base, the closer to the rink your view will be. Behind home plate you'll be seeing center ice and have a good view over the boards but you'll be further away. I went to the Winter Classic in Buffalo and sat 25 rows up on the first level and the near board blocked a lot of the view of the ice but we could still see the game ok. Too low and you won't be able to see over the board, too high and the players look like ants. I'm not sure why they keep choosing baseball stadiums because football stadiums seem like a better fit for site lines. The shape of a baseball field is odd and the field is huge compared to a Football field which resembles the shape of a hockey rink at least.

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
It looks to me like the best seats are in the first/third base sides on the second level. The closer you are to the actual base, the closer to the rink your view will be. Behind home plate you'll be seeing center ice and have a good view over the boards but you'll be further away. I went to the Winter Classic in Buffalo and sat 25 rows up on the first level and the near board blocked a lot of the view of the ice but we could still see the game ok. Too low and you won't be able to see over the board, too high and the players look like ants. I'm not sure why they keep choosing baseball stadiums because football stadiums seem like a better fit for site lines. The shape of a baseball field is odd and the field is huge compared to a Football field which resembles the shape of a hockey rink at least.

Looks like everyone else knows it, those are some of the more expensive seats. I think I'll just try and find the cheapest seats up high. That way I can see it, even if it's far away. Plus it's more about being there and soaking it all in.

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
Also here's a concept jersey I did for fun. I doubt we're wearing anything new or they probably would have announced it by now, but I wanted to make a fake retro jersey. The main colors are faded and the white is actually that old-fashioned white they've been using on winter classic jerseys. I also added the franchise's first logo since we never actually wore it on any jersey.

KingsStadiumConcept_zpsd6ebb75f.jpg

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I got an email from the Kings and there will be an offering of tickets to us 3rd class citizens. I guess tickets aren't THAT hot of a commodity after all.

I got that to but when I click on find tickets and the promo code prompt pops up, I enter the code given in the e-mail and it says it does not work.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
^ I'm holding out... I know there are going to be some ticket prospectors left holding the bag come the middle of January.

If you are willing to wait til last minute then stubhub will be the way to go. Within an hour of the game they will probably fall and if you can wait til around 15 minutes before they will go lower.
I know in the cup run I was watching tickets and they went quite low right before the game.

If you are willing to wait til last minute then stubhub will be the way to go. Within an hour of the game they will probably fall and if you can wait til around 15 minutes before they will go lower.
I know in the cup run I was watching tickets and they went quite low right before the game.

I do the same thing quite regularly both in regular and post season. I was actually kicking myself for buying tickets from tickemaster inthe playoffs in 2012 because I was able to buy some for other games at half the price I had paid. There and Barry's Tickets are good places. Ebay once in a while too but that takes too much patience if you have to bid.

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
I was wondering when to buy my tickets. I don't want to wait too long because I am way too excited and if I push it off anymore, I might not be able to in a couple months. The prices are high, BUT.. I look at is there is a good chance it won't happen again. Also, I feel like way too many people are being picking about the seating when that doesn't really bother me. Anybody else feel like that? Maybe I should be. But, as long as I am there in the middle of it all that's all that matters.

Not sure if everyone saw this but I got in on this deal when the were offering it for $99 but that has apparently sold out. I literally bought this 5 minutes after I saw the email. The Stadium ticket is probably going to be standing room only in the bullpens but I really don't care, I'll be there. Got tickets to 2 other games for $99 bucks total... woot!

HolidayPack2013a.jpg

http://kings.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=75379

The Perfect Gift This Holiday Season!
Starting at $189.00
LA Kings Holiday Pack includes:
•One ticket to any of the 8 great games listed below
•One ticket to Stadium Series Game at Dodgers Stadium
•One Kings Fleece blanket for every two tickets purchased

Early Bird Special: Purchase before December 1st and receive a FREE ticket to December 2nd vs. St. Louis Blues

Additional Pack Options Include:
•Purchase TIP-A-KING at $68.00 and receive a free Holiday Ice voucher

*Upgrades are available
*Ticket and pack elements are subject to availability
*Stadium Series $49.00 tickets are SOLD OUT

EDIT: Looks like they jacked up the pricing on all the packages from what they were originally charging. There wasn't a single package for >$200 originally. Kinda interesting that they are already reduced to offering discounts on the Stadium tickets. I bet if you are real patient there are gonna be some sweet deals the week of. Over 4,000 tickets on Stubhub alone.

Last edited:

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Marketing at its finest. Obtain a premium price for a non-premium product. Is the media coverage + novelty location / setting worth a large premium over another regular season game between these two teams? Personally, this is 'murica so having a choice is the best way to go. However, for an event which is supposed to invoke nostalgia for the roots of the game as an outdoor neighborhood / family type activity, they certainly aren't bringing any nostalgia to the forefront with their pricing strategy.

I can't help but think I was being manipulated as a consumer with this type of event.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad