Rumor: Kings looking trade for top 4 LHD, willing to give 2nd round pick +

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
Just like everyone said. You don't get good top four D in a trade for as little as a 2nd round pick. Hence why the Kings ultimately ended up with a third pairing guy with a gross contract for the next two years.
3 millions is a gross contract. if you want gross contract look at phillies roster LOL

Reactions: deaderhead28

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
I think Nick Leddy definitely qualifies as a Top 4 D-man and would have better offensive #'s w/ the kings. Good at carrying the puck up ice and zone entries and second PP unit.

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
when has he been a top 4 Dman?
I think he has the ability to be a Top 4 Dman, but he is not better than Muzzin or Reilly, and the leafs refused to play him right side so he always stayed 3rd pair.

Dermott has all the tools to be a certified Top 4D, and he is getting much better at putting it all together consistently. I see no reason why he won’t continue moving forward into a top 4 role

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Not sure what LA is looking for but Butcher may be available from the Devils to replace with a more defensive oriented defender.

With Severson, Subban, and *fingers crossed* Smith, his skill set is going to be redundant. He’s a very smart defender with a great first pass and capable of QBing a PP unit. He lacks size and foot speed which can be problematic defensively at times and requires him to need a defensive minded defender to play with at evens. His positioning and his reads defensively are solid, the only times he struggles defensively is from his size/speed limitations.

If you can shelter him at evens with a solid partner and give him a PPQB role, he can be a very useful defender capable of putting up 30-40 points.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Dermott? Is that what the kings are looking for?

I like Dermott but as I mentioned earlier he's just redundant unless someone in LA mgmt is higher on him than they are on whatever combo of Bjornfot-Anderson-Clague-Moverare-Hults-this years picks they're high on.

Reason they went after Maatta and maybe another guy are to have some NHL games on the roster so Drew Doughty doesn't have literally more than 4x the experience of literally all the other guys combined

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
I think Nick Leddy definitely qualifies as a Top 4 D-man and would have better offensive #'s w/ the kings. Good at carrying the puck up ice and zone entries and second PP unit.
Add Nick Leddy scored the winning goal in the WCF in 2014 for the Kings.:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad