Rumor: Kings looking for depth "#3-type" goalie

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Even were Copley not out LTIR this woulda made sense, but now all the more so.

Huge price for huge solution...

Shesty at half + Robertson + future Rs 1st
for
Byfield + Clarke + future Ks 2nd

With Shesterkin, LA is fave for Conference + to get to SC final
This is not w'o risk for Rangers, could definitely come back to bite in the ass in SC final

Howev....
immediately resolves LA netminder situation
it subtracts from Kings' ample pivot depth but short term they can handle it
it is a loss of signif RD prospect
that + Byfield is signif but you are getting a Vezina quality G, max retained, with dibs on inside track to keep at prob 8.5 x 6-ish...

Rs roll w/Quick + Domingue/Garand + possibly Raanta
I am more bullish on how fast Garand is ready.
He excelled in international competition; growing pains, prob yes, but still worth the risk and hit to current efforts

meanwhile, making this worthwhile, Rs add a top righty RD prospect we need,
and
an emerging Byfield, which is THE answer to roll w/
Kreider - Byfield - Zib
bread - Tro - LaF [presuming he is not moved]
Cuylle - Chytil - Kakko
Vesey - Pitlick - Wheeler
Byfield and Clarke are going now where. Plus the Rangers going with Quick as the starter would not be a good idea. But LA laughs and hangs up

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
I am a long time kings fan and I think kings offer for Primeau from MTL should be 2024 1st round pick. If MTL still says no then add a 2nd round pick.

• Haha
Reactions: thefutures

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Samsonov should be who the Kings target. If Talbot goes down you can't have Rittich being your default starter for a long stretch. Sammy, although mental at times, can step in as a 1 or 2. His $3.5 million cap hit(UFA) will have to be retained, unless the Kings have a player contract going back to even it out. Copper will be out minimum 10 games or 24 days. It could be longer if he's not even able to resume conditioning/practice in that time frame.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Here's a trade proposal for the Leafs/Kings. Depending on when Woll comes back:

Kings get Samsonov + Conditional 1st(2nd if Roy doesn't re-sign).

Leafs get RD Matt Roy.

Samsonov's/Roy's cap hits even out.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA

Leafs get RD Matt Roy.

Kings are not trading Roy for a goalie. Awful for LA. LA is trying to win not help other teams

Reactions: YP44

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Kings are not trading Roy for a goalie. Awful for LA. LA is trying to win not help other teams
With no backup help, you really think Talbot can hold up? The answer is probably a no. He's close to burning out a bit now and then by the end of the season and into the playoffs he will burn out for sure(at the rate of games he's playing, he might reach 60). Rittich is a hopeful stop gap backup, Copper is unknown as he's a minimum out 10 games or 24 days. Kings might not be able to re-sign Roy in the off-season. He's age 28, 2nd pairing d-man. He might command a cap hit of $5 million per year. Kings need to open up cap room for a longer term #1 goalie. Talbot aint gonna re-sign for $1 million again as right now that looks like a great bargain.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I see you are not understanding person. I didn't say it's must take deal, as it's a proposal. GM's make proposal to other GM's all the time and if they don't like the deal they might counter proposal. The Kings goaltending need is higher than their d-men needs. Kings have a goalie need and the Leafs have a d-man need. Besides the 1st maybe the Leafs add more to it! Simpleton answer from you is it's an awful trade!

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Even were Copley not out LTIR this woulda made sense, but now all the more so.

Huge price for huge solution...

Shesty at half + Robertson + future Rs 1st
for
Byfield + Clarke + future Ks 2nd

With Shesterkin, LA is fave for Conference + to get to SC final
This is not w'o risk for Rangers, could definitely come back to bite in the ass in SC final

Howev....
immediately resolves LA netminder situation
it subtracts from Kings' ample pivot depth but short term they can handle it
it is a loss of signif RD prospect
that + Byfield is signif but you are getting a Vezina quality G, max retained, with dibs on inside track to keep at prob 8.5 x 6-ish...

Rs roll w/Quick + Domingue/Garand + possibly Raanta
I am more bullish on how fast Garand is ready.
He excelled in international competition; growing pains, prob yes, but still worth the risk and hit to current efforts

meanwhile, making this worthwhile, Rs add a top righty RD prospect we need,
and
an emerging Byfield, which is THE answer to roll w/
Kreider - Byfield - Zib
bread - Tro - LaF [presuming he is not moved]
Cuylle - Chytil - Kakko
Vesey - Pitlick - Wheeler

This is you solution to bring a #3 to L.A. ?

Normal people would have proposed something like pick up Rantaa for free who makes the exact salary as the injured Copley.
How many years have you been told now that Byfield and Clarke are not available?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Byfield and Clarke are going now where. Plus the Rangers going with Quick as the starter would not be a good idea. But LA laughs and hangs up
See comments below.
LA hangs up = vulnerability and does not address G issues next 5 yrs.

I agree, long term, By + Clarke should be kept
But Kings situation unique enuf pivot depth, etc, they can chance it

As for Rs
must get By w/Kreider + Zib as bookend Ws
worth it
and yr assessment is wrong
we can juggle our net situation better than anybody thanks to Allaire

This is you solution to bring a #3 to L.A. ?

Normal people would have proposed something like pick up Rantaa for free who makes the exact salary as the injured Copley.
How many years have you been told now that Byfield and Clarke are not available?
You ignore my post #75 quotes 2 posters suggesting it might be smart to think about investing in a more dramatic upgrade.

If you don't want Shesty, play the hand y0ou have and watch while Talbot will do a good job and can mostly handle starter mins [barring injury], he's gonna need quality, legit relief which isn't available, esp cheap

w'o cheap, quality, legit relief the only alternative, besides do nothing and accept negative result is go outside the box

I usually advocate vs all in moves and prefer build moves, which is what Rs would be doing here

LA is doing well, needs a G solution next 5-ish yrs, and all that in mind, Shesty makes sense

Sorry you don't agree b'c high price, but the above is correct, like it or not

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I am a long time kings fan and I think kings offer for Primeau from MTL should be 2024 1st round pick. If MTL still says no then add a 2nd round pick.
If montreal said no to a first for Primeau their Gm should be canned

Leafs get RD Matt Roy.

terrible deal for LA, you cannot put conditions on players signing anymore, and the pick should be coming to LA

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Christ almighty, do you mind?

It's tough to see the simple, low-value low-stakes #3 trade discussion through the "well your only solution is Shesty, give us Byfield and Clarke" road apples

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Christ almighty, do you mind?

It's tough to see the simple, low-value low-stakes #3 trade discussion through the "well your only solution is Shesty, give us Byfield and Clarke" road apples
As I noted others also said going bigger might be profitable, tho I admit there's bigger and then there is Louisianna Purchase level bigger.

But hey, let's see what bargain bin basement yields and we can compare.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I don't think the Penguins are going to the playoffs and Nedeljkovich has had a major rebound year. Carl Grundstrom is exactly who we are missing. Caps are close.

Nedeljkovich+Nieto or Drew O'Conner for Carl Grundstrom+goalie of choice?

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
@Bern. There is not a goalie on the planet that I would move Byfield and Clarke for. We have our goalie for this year and will address that position in the offseason. I can assure you it won’t cost Byfield or Clarke.

Reactions: Stumbling Jack

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad