Post-Game Talk: Kings get crowned. Jets win 4-1

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
{snip}

I hate to be this negative and upset after a win (I feel like I am turning into Sip ;) ) but this is some Game of Thrones level trolling, it's like our fanbase was the Starks, our queen was gestating a baby in the form of MathewsPullLaine, after a brutal war we finally had some hope and just then Pavelec who is Walder Frey in this analogy and someone who was supposed to help us succeed but whose betrayal we should have seen coming all along decides to kill all of us including our queen and our future in the process :(

If that analogy was any more tortured I'd be calling Amnesty International.

m.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Worst case scenario playing out just like I feared it would.

Why did they have to shutdown Enstrom? We've won nearly 70% of our games with him out of the lineup going back to year one.

Lowry needs to tone down the celly's. You'd think we were playing in the Cup finals! But go ahead and throw more salt in the failing tank's eyes.

Last edited:

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Some of you should relax a bit. There is nothing we can do about useless wins at this point so why get this upset about it. I know it's a annoying for all of us but if we get this upset about wins, how upset do you think you'll be with a heartbreaking playoff loss? :laugh: And who knows, maybe we'll win the draft lottery anyways. Wouldn't that be amazing! :yo:

Why did they have to shutdown Enstrom? We've won nearly 70% of our games with him out of the lineup going back to year one.

Lowry needs to tone down the celly's. You'd think we were playing in the Cup finals! But go ahead and throw more salt in the failing tank's eyes.

Seriously, this crap again? :laugh: Guess we should extend Stuart since our record without him was so abysmal. But only after we shut him down for the rest of this season. He can lead us to Matthews and a Cup!! :win:

White Out 403*

Enstroms underlying stats aren't quite as spectacular as I thought. His fenwick is nearly neutral, which isn't great considering how much he's paid. And how small he is.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

I'm going to choose to believe there was a sarcasm emoji missing after this one.

Getting upset at players because they're winning - I mean I can appreciate the tank but I think some people are going a bit overboard on the anger.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Some of you should relax a bit. There is nothing we can do about useless wins at this point so why get this upset about it. I know it's a annoying for all of us but if we get this upset about wins, how upset do you think you'll be with a heartbreaking playoff loss? :laugh: And who knows, maybe we'll win the draft lottery anyways. Wouldn't that be amazing! :yo:

You're right that there's absolutely nothing we can do about garbage time wins this late in the season. However, the team played like utter **** for the first four months of the season, put us through all of that angst, then finally decide to turn it around in the last 2 months when there's no hope for a playoff position? Now is the time they picked to actually play like a team, not take as many penalties, and have decent goaltending? That's what I'm pissed off about.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I saw the graphic Lawless posted during the second intermission about next years lineup. I'm like WOW, with the young guys in the lineup now and with who is coming up the next couple of years you guys are loaded. You guys will be a powerhouse in 2-3 years, i wish my team, the Habs, had even 1/2 of your prospects.

Yup and some people think Chevy should be canned.:shakehead

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I won't deny it: I enjoyed watching the rooks beat down the Kings in the last period.

On the tank side, I take solace in the fact that the team is better than many give them credit for, and that the teams around us suck. In the end, it's a lottery. Our best chance to land a great player is to finish as low as possible (negating the ability for us to finish any lower than 4th, if we finish last), but we're still not down and out if we pull off the occasional win.

The OOT scoreboard didn't look too bad tonight, in any event. TOR won, EDM won, ARI won.

My synopsis of tonight: Pav - good game. WTF do you have to play well when it doesn't count? Ehlers looks very rusty, Armia didn't. Kings heavily outplayed them during the first half of the game. Not sure if the Kings went to sleep or we picked it up later on, but that was a nice comeback.

My concern as we go forward: more and more playoff teams will be resting players, resulting in easier to win games. On the flipside, this is true for all the tanking teams, so perhaps it balances itself out.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Tough night for the tank but oh well.

Our team was embarrassing in the first period but seemed to settle down a bit after the half way point of the game. I had too much to drink at our house party but it appeared to my drunk eyes that Nic Petan played quite well? Ehlers had a rough first game back which is to be expected but even with that he is a very dangerous player that still created some great opportunities.

I am emotionally invested in the top talent in this draft but have been secretly expecting us to pick in our usual 7 to 9 spot so last night feels like my dreams playing out. Either way it is what it is our Managment have done a good job of trading talent and shutting down players so the rest is in the hockey gods hands because players and coaches are always going to try to win and puck luck was on our side last night. Kings got goalied early and that's hockey.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
With the new changes the lottery is a crapshoot anyway. As long as we are bottom ten we have a realistic chance of picking top 3....happens all the time in the simulator.

This team will be fun to watch with all the pieces together. And it will be deep.

Jerts

Mar 5, 2015
Winnipeg
Man, Postma needs to be given more oppurtunity to shoot the puck. It's like he was shocked to be getting it in a good spot (nice pass Petan!)

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
In the end, it's a lottery.
yup. and we need to maximize our chances and picking 1st. but, in the end, it's random. so, let things fall where they may.

Not sure if the Kings went to sleep or we picked it up later on, but that was a nice comeback.

My concern as we go forward: more and more playoff teams will be resting players, resulting in easier to win games. On the flipside, this is true for all the tanking teams, so perhaps it balances itself out.

i watched the (awful) Kings' feed. Kings' scoring has disappeared as of late. plus they played 3 games in 5 nights (or something like that) and it was a road trip, so the result isn't all that shocking.

they literally took us to school for the first half of the game. it wasn't even close. and they just lost their legs. i give them more to blame than i give the Jets credit.

the tank is always a bunch of monkeys throwing **** against the wall and hoping it sticks. we can't cry about positive results, esp when the Leafs have been hot as of late and the Oil won last night. it is what it is.

what i do find interesting is the lack of starts for Hutchinson. this guy is really not liked and/or trusted by the coaching staff.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Judging by his post-game comments, Buff gets it. :D

Winning is fun. The fans had fun. The boots on the ice had fun. Leibl is having fun. Fun is fun. But there's nothing meaningful about it...there's no "winning culture" that is going to carry over to next season. Whether we as fans cheer for wins or cheer for losses doesn't really matter - we don't really control anything. The facts are the facts. Losing is more beneficial to us now than winning - even if all it does is increase our odds of a top 3 pick by a couple %. Even that is more meaningful than a win against the Kings in one of the 8 games we have left before the start of our 5 month golf season.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Let's face it.

We are not bad enough to land Matthews, so I would hope to finish out on a winning note. It will give the rookies like Petan, Armia, and Ehlers some confidence building for next season. I would love to see what Morrissey can do. I anticipate a #5-6 overall pick.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
How did Dano end up a corsi +7 with the other 17 skaters all negative?

How did Wheeler end up -12 when Scheifele was - 4 and Ehlers was -2.

How was Stuart -15 when Trouba was -5?

There is something very odd about the stats tonight.

The team was getting pinned in their own zone and had a lot of partial line changes where they couldn't get everyone off.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Man, Postma needs to be given more oppurtunity to shoot the puck. It's like he was shocked to be getting it in a good spot (nice pass Petan!)
giphy.gif

Hmm.. :sarcasm:

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
Let's face it.

We are not bad enough to land Matthews, so I would hope to finish out on a winning note. It will give the rookies like Petan, Armia, and Ehlers some confidence building for next season. I would love to see what Morrissey can do. I anticipate a #5-6 overall pick.

Unfortunately I have to totally agree and In turn we will probably land our most pressing need LHD which will be Chychrun.The sooner he and Morrissey get in the lineup and Stuart is out the sooner we will be a good team.To add to this with Stu being out for a while I forgot just how bad he is at controlling the puck in the corners It's quite embarrassing.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Unfortunately I have to totally agree and In turn we will probably land our most pressing need LHD which will be Chychrun.The sooner he and Morrissey get in the lineup and Stuart is out the sooner we will be a good team.To add to this with Stu being out for a while I forgot just how bad he is at controlling the puck in the corners It's quite embarrassing.

Even the team finishing last has an 80% chance of not getting Mathews. And only twice as likely as the team that finishes 4th. It will all come down to the numbers on the ping pong balls regardless.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Even the team finishing last has an 80% chance of not getting Mathews. And only twice as likely as the team that finishes 4th. It will all come down to the numbers on the ping pong balls regardless.

I'm not focussed on Matthews. I am focused on top 4. There are real difference makers there. A top 3 pick likely means the end of Drew Stafford too...an added bonus.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I'm not focussed on Matthews. I am focused on top 4. There are real difference makers there. A top 3 pick likely means the end of Drew Stafford too...an added bonus.

With three lotteries this year, we will have three separate chances to get lucky or unlucky. To be guaranteed 4th, the Jets would need to finish dead last. That is even more unlikely than winning one of the lotteries.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
With three lotteries this year, we will have three separate chances to get lucky or unlucky. To be guaranteed 4th, the Jets would need to finish dead last. That is even more unlikely than winning one of the lotteries.

Nice things can't happen to us, can they?

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011

Right. But since winning now is completely meaningless, I'm hoping we somehow manage to finish dead last.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Right. But since winning now is completely meaningless, I'm hoping we somehow manage to finish dead last.

It's meaningless to you, but not to everyone. It's not meaningless to the players. It's not meaningless to the people doing the wave at the game yesterday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad