NBA Kings fire head coach Dave Joerger

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Wasn't he fairly successful in Memphis when he got axe after 3 years?

Is his rep that of a hard ass coach? If so that may explain why both his coaching stints ended so shortly

Only thing that would make sense here

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The Kangz return?

He might have a difficult time getting along with his bosses but this still doesn't seem like a good idea unless they can find someone better. He's a good coach and did well with an up and coming Kings team.

edit:

I think both guys are/can be good coaches but they're not better than Joerger.

Last edited:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
pretty shocked they'd fire him after their best season in quite some time. and i call BS on walton being the frontrunner. if they want the team to take 5 steps back they should consider hiring walton

and i highly doubt the spurs will want to part ways with messina. he's supposed to be pop's heir

Reactions: Voight

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
The Kings want to play an uptempo style and that isn't really Joerger's thing. These two respect one another, and the timing of this isn't like it was in the dysfunctional days. Joerger was offered a 1-yr extension during the season and I don't know if he ever actually signed it.

Vlade calls the shots on this team now and has done everything right over the past 2 years. Get your shots in at the Kings now, guys, because next year we're going to kick your team's asses.

Reactions: Virtanen18

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
pretty shocked they'd fire him after their best season in quite some time. and i call BS on walton being the frontrunner. if they want the team to take 5 steps back they should consider hiring walton

and i highly doubt the spurs will want to part ways with messina. he's supposed to be pop's heir
Walton is a Kerr disciple. Walton can't run that system with the way the Lakers are set up, but not even the Warriors would be able to keep up with this Kings roster if they played the same style.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Wasn't he fairly successful in Memphis when he got axe after 3 years?

Is his rep that of a hard ass coach? If so that may explain why both his coaching stints ended so shortly

Only thing that would make sense here

I don't know why he got fired in Memphis but that franchise fired Lionel Hollins after he took them to the Conference Finals for the first (and to date only) time ever, and then they fired Fizdale after he took them to the playoffs when they were expected to be a lottery team. And Sacramento hasn't exactly been stable ground even under Ranadives ownership.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad