GDT: Kings @ Ducks 5PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
Jeebus, so Carter is the new Modano? I guess he loves playing the Ducks.

Positive: Getzlaf more willing to unleash the slapper from the point.
Negative: No Bonino on the PP to retrieve the puck. Kesler winning PP faceoffs help, but heatley and Perry didn't seem very interested. Get Fowler off PP1 please, it didn't work last year, and i don't see it getting any better. His decision making skills on PP1 aren't great. Would rather see Vatanen or Lindholm given a shot on PP1, and giving Fowler a rest. He plays enough even strength minutes, and he is adding nothing to PP1.

Positive: Really like Vatanen being able to skate the puck out of harm's way and lead the rush up ice, and his improved ability at getting puck on net and not just blindly blasting it. Didn't notice Allen at all, that's a good thing.
Negative: Fowler not using his best skill - skating, and just standing around watching Tiffoli and Carter undress him multiple times.

Positive: Etem looked like he was engaged and driving the net hard instead of just doing "fly-bys"
Negative: Backchecking by forwards as a group through neutral and defensive zone was piss poor. Coaches should queue up some tapes of team backchecking from the first 40 games of last year, when the Ducks were top 5 in GAA allowed/60 mins.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
He's not wrong.

No he's not...fanaticism for the Ducks isn't as high yet, and the Kings just won a cup. I do hope that Andrew and the other Ducks understand that. Especially with the kind of market LA is. If your team is winning championships everyone in the county and beyond thinks they're a fan.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Yeah, you're right. Celebrating 20 years of transparent Helene Elliot hating.

Lance Pugmire was asking people to follow her and another Queen loving Times reporter on twitter yesterday. Why? So I can hear how great the Queens are and how much we suck? Yeah, it's why I don't read your paper.

evomacky

we heff no effor
Jan 7, 2014
Anaheim, CA
Lance Pugmire was asking people to follow her and another Queen loving Times reporter on twitter yesterday. Why? So I can hear how great the Queens are and how much we suck? Yeah, it's why I don't read your paper.

it just shows how relevant she is. jesus.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
That's my biggest peeve is the when we play the Kings at home. I just refuse to accept that it's OK to hear their fans more than ours.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
That's my biggest peeve is the when we play the Kings at home. I just refuse to accept that it's OK to hear their fans more than ours.

Even the ushers don't want to be at the Queens games. This is a quote from twitter from someone who has been an usher since '05.

A lot of ushers ban themselves from King games too. We always are shorthanded. Sorry.

This is what their fanbase has become.

ByqOzYACYAAj6xW.jpg:large

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sport...drew-cogliano-dany-heatley20140928-story.html

"" The Ducks also dislike seeing and hearing Kings fans attend games in Anaheim in significant numbers. Many chants of “Go Kings go†broke out on Sunday, and only some, not all, were drowned out by Ducks fans. Ducks forward Andrew Cogliano said hearing support for the Kings in Anaheim stinks — or a word similar to that ""

I'm sorry but I'd rather watch the game than scream as loud as possible to show what a "great" fan I am. I do get into the chants and boos more often than not when appropriate but this whole "OMG WE CHANDED 'GO KEENGS GO' SO LOUD AT PONGA CENTRE, HURR DURR, BEST FANS 5EVA" is just dumb, are you there to chant or there to watch great hockey between 2 strong teams?

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
It's a pretty common thing back east. Rangers and Redwings fans are notorious for doing this.

Edit - granted, I think the fans of those teams are actually hockey fans vs the bandwagon idiots who are just trying to be annoying that we are getting out here. The vast majority of whom probably think the only other teams in the NHL are the Sharks, Ducks, Blackhawks, and Rangers.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
We went to Detroit, DVM, there was no chanting just booing every time the red wings got penalized (which ducks fans do as well) and the drunk guy behind us who was screaming "KILL SELANNE" in front of his kid because you had a Selanne jersey on.

Oh yeah, and that kid who had his friends egg him on to come talk **** to us while we were waiting to see the team get on the bus. And then chickened out once you stepped on the curb and he realized how big you actually were. :laugh: That guy was awesome.

Godzlaf

Sep 24, 2014

It's never going to stop though... not unless they stop winning or we start winning more. There's about a 1/3 part of hockey "fans" in California who are diehard, knowledgeable, and unwavering. Then the other 2/3 are comprised of the typical "I've been a fan since ____" morons who jump on at the first sign of success. Next time the Kings miss the playoffs, or the Ducks win the cup, is when you won't see the trash anymore.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
We went to Detroit, DVM, there was no chanting just booing every time the red wings got penalized (which ducks fans do as well) and the drunk guy behind us who was screaming "KILL SELANNE" in front of his kid because you had a Selanne jersey on.

Oh yeah, and that kid who had his friends egg him on to come talk **** to us while we were waiting to see the team get on the bus. And then chickened out once you stepped on the curb and he realized how big you actually were. :laugh: That guy was awesome.

I meant the traveling fans.

Yes, that kid was a moron. Which is being insulting to morons.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
I'm sorry but I'd rather watch the game than scream as loud as possible to show what a "great" fan I am. I do get into the chants and boos more often than not when appropriate but this whole "OMG WE CHANDED 'GO KEENGS GO' SO LOUD AT PONGA CENTRE, HURR DURR, BEST FANS 5EVA" is just dumb, are you there to chant or there to watch great hockey between 2 strong teams?

They don't know what they are watching. That much is obvious by how many hats were thrown when their player scored a hat trick. What's a hat trick anyway? Let's start a meaningless chant instead.

Godzlaf

Sep 24, 2014
They don't know what they are watching. That much is obvious by how many hats were thrown when their player scored a hat trick. What's a hat trick anyway? Let's start a meaningless chant instead.

Can I get an approximate estimation on the number? I need a pick me up.

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust

They just didn't feel like throwing their hats away for a meaningless preseason hattrick. I was sandwiched between two die-hard Kings fans who rather they kept their hats. Hell I've seen probably a dozen hattricks in my life and I never throw my hat.

There really should be another thread for this but let's be real here. We are the inferior fanbase. Yes the Kings have a truckload of bandwagoners but the number of legit Kings fans dwarf legit Ducks fans. The Pond is full (relatively speaking) of people who don't know anything about hockey and have probably been only following this team since 07. They own us in bragging rights, legacy and actual support. They have a waiting list for season tickets and we will sell out maybe a dozen games this year. We are very much the little brother of the two NHL fanbases in this part of the world.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
They just didn't feel like throwing their hats away for a meaningless preseason hattrick. I was sandwiched between two die-hard Kings fans who rather they kept their hats. Hell I've seen probably a dozen hattricks in my life and I never throw my hat.

There really should be another thread for this but let's be real here. We are the inferior fanbase. Yes the Kings have a truckload of bandwagoners but the number of legit Kings fans dwarf legit Ducks fans. The Pond is full (relatively speaking) of people who don't know anything about hockey and have probably been only following this team since 07. They own us in bragging rights, legacy and actual support. They have a waiting list for season tickets and we will sell out maybe a dozen games this year. We are very much the little brother of the two NHL fanbases in this part of the world.

Everything you said here is spot on but I don't see how chanting louder than other fans makes you a "better" fan or make it worthy of being included in an LA Times article. During the stadium game not every "Let's Go Ducks" chant was drowned out by the majority Kings fans... where's the exposé on that?

I'm just as big of a fan as many kings fans if not more so but because I'm not screaming every 5 minutes or drowning out opposing fans it means what exactly? This isn't soccer where you can spend 80% of the time singing away and not miss anything except some guy rolling on the grass, hockey is action almost 100% of the time and I'd rather focus on that then worry about decibel levels. I get the whole "cheering encourages your team" but at a certain point you stop being a fan and become an unofficial cheerleader and an obnoxious person. At least that's my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot