Kings Article: Kings Development Camp begins next week

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
My guess is Ebert has enough professional experience where they would rather him develop with the others.

As for LaDue, who knows. NCAA players have to pay their own way. Maybe he couldn't afford it? Or in Hudson Fasching's case last year, he had summer school.

hawkeyexp

Feb 23, 2009
My guess is Ebert has enough professional experience where they would rather him develop with the others.

As for LaDue, who knows. NCAA players have to pay their own way. Maybe he couldn't afford it? Or in Hudson Fasching's case last year, he had summer school.

Could just be at UND training with the rest of the Sioux Players. Or yah, Summer school. Pre Forestry Majors are challenging you know?

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
Losingsand or anyone else, any report from today?

Something interesting, watch Zac Leslie at Development Camps 2013 and 2014. Look at the difference in him from one year to the next. It's great to have both video interviews.

First, courtesy of Frozen Royalty, 2013:

Second, courtesy of LAKingsInsider, 2014

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Losingsand or anyone else, any report from today?

Something interesting, watch Zac Leslie at Development Camps 2013 and 2014. Look at the difference in him from one year to the next. It's great to have both video interviews.

First, courtesy of Frozen Royalty, 2013:

Second, courtesy of LAKingsInsider, 2014

Great find! Interesting. You can still find places that list him at 168 lbs!
He is now 198.

losingsand

Apr 13, 2007
Pasadena, ca
So I finally make it to TSC after an hour of driving for the afternoon session,
only to see the newly zamboni'd ice taken over by the figure skaters...
the guys start taking off the nets and I knew something was up...
ran into darryl and according to mr. evans they canceled the afternoon session and they're only doing
a MORNING session tomorrow.

Awesome... Just got back after about another 90 minutes of driving.

Pretty disappointing afternoon all around.
heard the 3 on 3 was awesome on wednesday and i was hoping to see something like
that again today.

Thanks kings. :/

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
So I finally make it to TSC after an hour of driving for the afternoon session,
only to see the newly zamboni'd ice taken over by the figure skaters...
the guys start taking off the nets and I knew something was up...
ran into darryl and according to mr. evans they canceled the afternoon session and they're only doing
a MORNING session tomorrow.

Awesome... Just got back after about another 90 minutes of driving.

Pretty disappointing afternoon all around.
heard the 3 on 3 was awesome on wednesday and i was hoping to see something like
that again today.

Thanks kings. :/

Sorry about that Losingsand. Do you want me to go beat them up for you? :box:

losingsand

Apr 13, 2007
Pasadena, ca
FYI.

they are scrimmaging right now.. and there's no camp tomorrow (saturday).
my buddy steve is there giving me the details. yesterday burned me to much
to wanna risk it again today.

but there you go.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
FYI.

they are scrimmaging right now.. and there's no camp tomorrow (saturday).
my buddy steve is there giving me the details. yesterday burned me to much
to wanna risk it again today.

but there you go.

I believe the official word is no camp, but when have the Kings EVER shortened development camp to six days? I bet they will still be there.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Kempe tweeted that he's off to Sweden. I believe that the SHL starts play in September, so it's likely he won't be a training camp this year.

MODO plays their first game on September 11th. With a guy like Kempe who has no plans at all to cross the atlantic this year it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't attend camp although it's not unheard of for a junior like him to spend time at an NHL camp in September. I wouldn't be concerned about that at all though if he doesn't come to camp (not saying you it's for everyone else haha).

Dropdapuck

Jul 21, 2010
Kempe's name pronounciation

So is Kempe's name pronounced like Kemp or KEM-pay or kem-Pay?

dman3474

Feb 21, 2009
L.A.
Not really. If memory serves, Development Camp has been five days for last few years now. It's changed a lot since its earliest days after Lombardi took over in 2006. Focus and approach are very different.

Gone are the days when all the kids at camp would just use it as an excuse to party at the beach for a week. Play hockey for a couple hours in the morning then party all night, they could get into anywhere in Manhattan Beach just by flashing their kings credentials.

10 ft. pole

May 19, 2003
Colorado
Visit site

They don't pay there way. The team fronts all of the money then the parents write the team a check that is never cashed. If anyone asks they show a copy of the check. I have first hand knowledge of this. Hahahaha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad