GDT: Kings @ Coyotes - Rookie Camp Games - September 20 & 21

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
This is in response to yesterday's game, but I can't think of a worse winger than Garland to put with Perlini. Perlini needs the puck. Garland holds the puck. Perlini/Strome is a nice pairing though. Maybe Fischer on the RW to finish off the line.

Glad to hear Chychrun looks good. Depending on the extent of KConn's knee injury, maybe he gets a few games in ahead of Dahlbeck. Still very early though.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Chychrun was awesome, best player on the ice all game. He played a lot of minutes too. Macinnis was very good too, very physical and nasty. He also looked much faster than last year. Everyone hated bunting, he's really good at pissing people off.

I was hoping for more from Fischer, he didn't look bad, just not the kind of play I'd expect from someone who put up so many points. I continue to see absolutely no shot at an NHL future for Garland. Even with some of the flashy stuff he pulls off he doesn't do a whole lot with it.

Did anyone see if the hit if clague was dirty, they never showed a replay, it didn't look like that hard of a hit live.

Is the leblanc who played related to Anthony, or a legit invite? He looked pretty good.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I thought one of Wood's biggest asset was his skating. He has to use his size to his advantage and become much more physical. Main camp hasn't even started and you are penciling in players to make the Coyotes. Let's relax and bit here, you may be putting the cart before the horse.:)

He was a pylon on the ice..... a rather large one to be exact.

He didn't play today so I suspect he's already slated for the main camp. So we'll see. But I was not impressed.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
So does Chychrun have a real shot now? Was he that good? Wasn't able to watch the game.

Making the leap to the NHL as a defenseman is really hard so I doubt it, but he has looked very good. It wasn't against anything close to NHL opposition though. If he looks as good as he did against NHL talent he'll be hard to send down.

Did Merkley play, and if he did? meh or getting back to form?

No he didn't either day.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes