Kings News: Kings Call-Up Reinforcements

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
The Black Aces are here.

http://kings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=670020

LOS ANGELES –The Los Angeles Kings have announced the following player transactions.

Recalled from Manchester (AHL):
Andy Andreoff – LW (jersey No. 64)
Andrew Bodnarchuk – D (jersey No. 47)
Andrew Campbell – D (jersey No. 81)
Robert Czarnik – C (jersey No. 53)
Nicolas Deslauriers – D (jersey No. 80)
Brandon Kozun – RW (jersey No. 51)
Brian O’Neill – RW (jersey No. 82)
Tanner Pearson – LW (jersey No. 70)
Linden Vey – RW (jersey No. 57)
Jordan Weal – C (jersey No. 60)

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
To all you .... "Surely there must be reinforcements in Manchester we can call up and play that will be better than MUZZIN !"

Ummmmmmmmm NOPE ! ;)

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon
I realize the AHL is much different than the NHL, but looking at Bodnarchuk's stats he was +17 in the regular season. Nick Deslaurier led the Monarch's in playoff scoring, such as it was.

I wonder if these Black Aces may get any time? If they do how does this work on ELC's?

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Let's hope that they all enjoy a long stay practicing with the big club during a long playoff run.

This kind of reminds me of what college football coaches used to say about their teams when they are in a bowl game. The amount of practice time they would get with their "black aces" was invaluable in advancing their development.

Having these kids come up and see the culture is a great thing.

TKFAN

Dec 3, 2006
New Hampshire
The Black Aces are here.

http://kings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=670020

LOS ANGELES –The Los Angeles Kings have announced the following player transactions.

Recalled from Manchester (AHL):
Andy Andreoff – LW (jersey No. 64)
Robert Czarnik – C (jersey No. 53)
Brandon Kozun – RW (jersey No. 51)
Brian O’Neill – RW (jersey No. 82)
Tanner Pearson – LW (jersey No. 70)
Linden Vey – RW (jersey No. 57)
Jordan Weal – C (jersey No. 60)

Andrew Campbell, seriously.... I really want him gone from Manchester but certainly not to LA :cry:

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
I realize the AHL is much different than the NHL, but looking at Bodnarchuk's stats he was +17 in the regular season. Nick Deslaurier led the Monarch's in playoff scoring, such as it was.

I wonder if these Black Aces may get any time? If they do how does this work on ELC's?

... and JAKE MUZZIN was a +20 for the Monarchs in 2010-2011 , and a +16 for the KINGS this regular season ?

Like I said, these kids would NOT be any improvement over Muzzin, so time to check it, and just agree that like it or not, Muzzin and Ellerby ARE our young rookie D-men and we WILL be rolling with them through the playoffs this year, period!

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
I think Andreoff would be the best option from all of them if anyone were to get hurt from the bottom 6 forwards and Pearson from the top 6.

Ron*

It's a taxi squad, all they do is practice until the playoffs are over.

In the unlikely event of mass injuries, some would get ice time.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
I think that Forbort ,Sabourin and Colin Miller have all been recalled.

As pointed out earlier, Forbort can't. He doesn't have an NHL contract. I'm fairly sure none of the 3 do actually. So no. None of the 3 have been recalled.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
I think that Forbort ,Sabourin and Colin Miller have all been recalled.

Forbort can't unless the Kings burn a year off of his ELC contract (they won't,) Sabourin isn't even signed by the Kings but signed a 2-year contract with Manchester (and to my knowledge ONLY Manchester,) so he can't be called up, and Miller hasn't signed with either LA or Manchester at this point... So NONE of them can be called up currently.

These call-ups do however answer the question of whether the Kings re-sign or qualify Meckler, Stewart, Legien, and Kolomatis over the summer, probably not, but I wasn't expecting any of them to be.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Forbort can't unless the Kings burn a year off of his ELC contract (they won't,) Sabourin isn't even signed by the Kings but signed a 2-year contract with Manchester (and to my knowledge ONLY Manchester,) so he can't be called up, and Miller hasn't signed with either LA or Manchester at this point... So NONE of them can be called up currently.

These call-ups do however answer the question of whether the Kings re-sign or qualify Meckler, Stewart, Legien, and Kolomatis over the summer, probably not, but I wasn't expecting any of them to be.

This would be the case if his contract started this year but it doesn't. His contract starts NEXT year and he signed an ATO with Manchester. Same thing O'Neill did last year.

seen em all

Aug 31, 2009
As pointed out earlier, Forbort can't. He doesn't have an NHL contract. I'm fairly sure none of the 3 do actually. So no. None of the 3 have been recalled.

Check your facts, they are in LA NOW, from an extremely reliable source. ;)

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Check your facts, they are in LA NOW, from an extremely reliable source. ;)

Gratz. Your source means jack **** here. Forbort doesn't have a contract. Sabourin doesn't have a contract. Miller doesn't have a contract. So if they're in LA, it's either to sign one (for Sabourin and Miller) or to watch some ****ing hockey but they're not here to play. Before you call someone out on fact checking, try doing so on your own.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
He never said they've been brought to LA to play in any games. They're here with the Kings and they are free to train with the team. Consider them as "guests."

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
He never said they've been brought to LA to play in any games. They're here with the Kings and they are free to train with the team. Consider them as "guests."

He said they've been recalled, which is impossible since none are currently on NHL contracts.

What even is the rule about practicing with the team? Can realistically anyone do it if the team wants them to?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
He said they've been recalled, which is impossible since none are currently on NHL contracts.

What even is the rule about practicing with the team? Can realistically anyone do it if the team wants them to?

I believe that is the case. I've heard of teams doing this with practice goalies who aren't signed to any contract. It happens quite often if a goalie is sick or taking a maintenance day off practice.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
I believe that is the case. I've heard of teams doing this with practice goalies who aren't signed to any contract. It happens quite often if a goalie is sick or taking a maintenance day off practice.

This was the exact scenario I knew about but I wasn't sure if they signed like 1 day contracts quietly or were allowed to just bc they were team employees.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad