Confirmed with Link: Kings aquire G Jack Campbell from Stars for D Nick Ebert

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Hope he never plays for the Kings and happy his career has been a massive flop, karma can be a you know what sometimes.

Assume he didn't make much money playing in the ECHL last season, hopefully he still has some of that under the table OHL money Warren Rychel gave him back in the day.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Hope he never plays for the Kings and happy his career has been a massive flop, karma can be a you know what sometimes.

Assume he didn't make much money playing in the ECHL last season, hopefully he still has some of that under the table OHL money Warren Rychel gave him back in the day.

I thought that only happened in college sports.

Jason Lewis

Oct 4, 2011
Aww, I liked Ebert, the very little I saw of him. A poor man's Torey Krug. Hope he does well with his new org!

Very nice guy as well. Great interview. Smart interview. Honest interview. He didn't just give you canned answers, he tried his best to ACTUALLY talk to you about his play and the game.

Will miss seeing him around Ontario next year. Will have to catch up with him when the Texas and Ontario meet up.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Forgot these guys were junior teammates.

And yeah, sure seems like both guys peaked early. Unfortunately for Ebert the wheels came off the year he was supposed to be drafted and for Campbell it was the year after.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
Sad to see Nick go, but good luck.

I am too. Always liked the guy and wanted to see him succeed. I had intended to comment on Jason Lewis' piece he did on Ebert* because I enjoy those prospect profiles and was interested in Nick's progress. Now it's too late. I wish him success with Dallas.

* Plus there seems to be a weird jinx where whenever I comment on a prospect profile my browser reloads and I lose the comments. I'm serious. It's a jinx, happened multiple times on prospect profiles.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Seems like a nice kid. I'm rooting for him. It's really interesting he apologizes to the development staff for it not working out, either.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Seems like a nice kid. I'm rooting for him. It's really interesting he apologizes to the development staff for it not working out, either.

That's....kind of sad :(

I know they all can't be gems and they all can't make the show but both players are easy to root for

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I think Nick will eventually end up in the NHL, his puck skills are too good.

Some team will give him a shot, Dallas is a good start.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

It's too bad, Michigan got spurned by Campbell and Gibson in consecutive years. They had some good clubs during those years but the goaltending could have been better (Hunwick did a tremendous job but was only 5'7).

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
It's too bad, Michigan got spurned by Campbell and Gibson in consecutive years. They had some good clubs during those years but the goaltending could have been better (Hunwick did a tremendous job but was only 5'7).

Losing Gibson was a huge blow, I know he gets made fun of here with the whole Jesus Gibson thing, but he is a really good goalie.

Campbell was considered a huge loss at the time, but he just isn't very good. His numbers outside of the ECHL have been laughably bad.

Wait, he refused to go to Michigan? No wonder DL was high on him :sarcasm:

The Kings were apparently going to draft Kyle Conner this past season before trading the pick.

And I know for a fact the Kings spent more time interviewing and evaluating Dylan Larkin than any other team before the 2014 draft. Wish that Dean had been able to make a move there like he did in 08 and 10.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Losing Gibson was a huge blow, I know he gets made fun of here with the whole Jesus Gibson thing, but he is a really good goalie.

Campbell was considered a huge loss at the time, but he just isn't very good. His numbers outside of the ECHL have been laughably bad.

The Kings were apparently going to draft Kyle Conner this past season before trading the pick.

And I know for a fact the Kings spent more time interviewing and evaluating Dylan Larkin than any other team before the 2014 draft. Wish that Dean had been able to make a move there like he did in 08 and 10.

I don't think anyone here really thinks Gibson sucks, just giving him a hard time because of the Sutter comments.I think the big criticism which is apt at this point is his mental game.

Campbell is a strange one where the projections for him just tanked. Does make me wonder what happened if he DID go there for development instead.

With Connor and Larkin both seem like prototypical Kings picks to be honest, I was just being facetious. Though I hadn't heard the Larkin thing I'm not at all shocked and I agree, he'd be fantastic, imagine that guy as our 3C right this moment...

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I don't think anyone here really thinks Gibson sucks, just giving him a hard time because of the Sutter comments.I think the big criticism which is apt at this point is his mental game.

Campbell is a strange one where the projections for him just tanked. Does make me wonder what happened if he DID go there for development instead.

With Connor and Larkin both seem like prototypical Kings picks to be honest, I was just being facetious. Though I hadn't heard the Larkin thing I'm not at all shocked and I agree, he'd be fantastic, imagine that guy as our 3C right this moment...

That's even more interesting to hear that Lombardi was interested in Larkin as well considering they both went to Michigan. We all know that it's not his favorite NCAA program.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

No way, he'd still be in the AHL earning his way on the team. Then he's called up, makes one mistake in his 3rd game and is a healthy scratch for 10 games.:nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad