Confirmed with Link: Kings aquire G Jack Campbell from Stars for D Nick Ebert

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Last edited:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
The most we can hope for is the trade after playing in the ECHL will serve as a wake-up call for him. Right now the Kings have two very big goalies (Dillon and Campbell) who are very far away from the NHL.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Ebert isn't much to give up. Has Campbell stalled or just passed over?

My thoughts too. Ontario has 3 possible defensemen additions this coming season:

Ladue, Cernak and Lintuniemi

Ebert leaving, gives room for one of them. Gravel graduating gives one room as well.

It would seem the staff believes they can work with Campbell to get him where he seemed to be going when he was #1 ranked goalie in 2010.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Geez! Campbell is ALREADY working with Quick!

Sean Shapiro
‏@seanshapiro

Jack Campbell has worked out with Jonathan Quick in the summer. It's a fresh start that could work well for him in LA.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
My thoughts too. Ontario has 3 possible defensemen additions this coming season:

Ladue, Cernak and Lintuniemi

Ebert leaving, gives room for one of them. Gravel graduating gives one room as well.

It would seem the staff believes they can work with Campbell to get him where he seemed to be going when he was #1 ranked goalie in 2010.

Schultz is likely leaving as well as a UFA (and replaced by Scuderi) and Forbort won't be back as well.

Some good opportunities for those guys you listed, and for others as well, like Zac Leslie.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
still impresses me the amount of people that are convinced that Scuderi won't be on LA's starting lineup on opening night

i'm not saying that it's guaranteed he will, but there's a lot of love there between the staff and Scuds

and to have a D go from top pairing minutes to an AHL demotion is just not how LA rolls

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Remember, the AHL Texas Stars do not play defense, they are run and gun, especially last year, so any numbers should be taken with a grain of salt. The Kings must see some potential to rehab his career, plus we obviously need another goalie. Ebert did not always bode well with Stothers, and really didn't get a consistent chance to play the power play, which should be his strength. Only downside is one of our few right hand shots in the organization is leaving, although I suspect LaDue will fill in.

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Remember, the AHL Texas Stars do not play defense, they are run and gun, especially last year, so any numbers should be taken with a grain of salt. The Kiongs must see some potential to rehab his career, plus we obviously need another goalie. Ebert did not always bode well with Stothers, and really didn't get a consistent chance to play the power play, which should be his strength. Only downside is one of our few right hand shots in the organization is leaving, although I suspect LaDue will fill in.

Can anyone remember the Dallas Stars actually developing an own goalie? Who is the last one, Turco?

Low risk, high reward move for organizational depth. That's a big paper win trade for Dean Lombardi (not that it's a loss for the Stars at all, fair trade); move the last pick of the 2012 draft for a former 2010 high first round goalie who is coming to the league's current premier goalie factory.

Wonder if folks who have been upset about 'asset management' and 'defenseman development' will be in DL's grill about this one.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
i like this pickup The kid has skill just playing on a pond hockey team. With our defense first team and goalie coaching getting to help his weeknesses i wouldn't bet against him have a huge season weather ahl or nhl.

Jason Lewis

Oct 4, 2011
Better system to develop a goalie in for Campbell. Better system for Ebert to develop as a mobile offensive oriented defenseman.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
still impresses me the amount of people that are convinced that Scuderi won't be on LA's starting lineup on opening night

i'm not saying that it's guaranteed he will, but there's a lot of love there between the staff and Scuds

and to have a D go from top pairing minutes to an AHL demotion is just not how LA rolls

So what do you expect the blueline to be? Especially if Greene is back. Want to bet Scuderi won't be in the opening lineup?

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Remember, the AHL Texas Stars do not play defense, they are run and gun, especially last year, so any numbers should be taken with a grain of salt. The Kiongs must see some potential to rehab his career, plus we obviously need another goalie. Ebert did not always bode well with Stothers, and really didn't get a consistent chance to play the power play, which should be his strength. Only downside is one of our few right hand shots in the organization is leaving, although I suspect LaDue will fill in.

Cernak is a right shot and should be in ontario next year.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Dillon is no longer Kings property.

"But behind Budaj, the only prospect the Kings have in goal is 20-year-old Alec Dillon, who they selected in the fifth round (150th overall) of the 2014 National Hockey League Draft.

Dillon played in just seven games for the Edmonton Oil Kings of the Western Hockey League, after suffering a long-term injury early this season.

When asked if Dillon was ready to advance to the professional ranks, Kings Director of Amateur Scouting Mark Yanetti replied, “not even close.â€"

https://frozenroyalty.net/2016/06/24/targeting-goalies-in-2016-draft/

Model62

Jul 14, 2012
Aww, I liked Ebert, the very little I saw of him. A poor man's Torey Krug. Hope he does well with his new org!

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Aww, I liked Ebert, the very little I saw of him. A poor man's Torey Krug. Hope he does well with his new org!

I predict he will put up some very good numbers with the Texas Stars. His game did not mix well with Stothers. When Ebert was unleashed, he was a real force in a few games, but that was few and far in-between.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
"But behind Budaj, the only prospect the Kings have in goal is 20-year-old Alec Dillon, who they selected in the fifth round (150th overall) of the 2014 National Hockey League Draft.

Dillon played in just seven games for the Edmonton Oil Kings of the Western Hockey League, after suffering a long-term injury early this season.

When asked if Dillon was ready to advance to the professional ranks, Kings Director of Amateur Scouting Mark Yanetti replied, “not even close.â€"

https://frozenroyalty.net/2016/06/24/targeting-goalies-in-2016-draft/

By all rules of the CBA his rights were lost on June 1, 2016. The way the question was phrased its awkward and can be intrepreted as the real he was released by Kings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad