Kings 3-2 Oilers: Quick gloves puck over line, probably, but screw that guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven1562

May 13, 2013
world-cup-goal-line-technology.jpg

NHL should have goal line technology like the world cup did last year.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
That call was a joke. Obviously. But we'll get over it if the Oilers keep playing like that.

They were completely outclassed in the second period, one of the worst periods of hockey I've seen them play. But it wasn't like they were giving up chance after chance, they just didn't have any energy in their game. And the fact that they actually came out and took it to the Kings in the third shows that this is a different team from year's past.

I can't say it enough, McDavid is such a joy to watch play in person. I've never seen anyone skate like that, and at 18 years old! The roof would've blown off if his goal had counted, but there's going to be many moments like that over the next 20 years, so everyone just needs to have a bit of patience. The good times are coming.

Finally, Oilers win that game with Eberle in. Guy is going to be a huge boost to Hall and RNH.

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Well it was a pretty awesome "save" even if the call wasn't in our favor, not going to lie Quick has a pretty ridiculous reaction time.

It was a desperation / reaction attempt, just like any other goalie would have done and he still got beat!

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Its an utter joke the NHL doesnt have goal line review. How the hell can a 10 year old with PVR show conclusive evidence of a goal and Toronto "war room" miss it. Its not a war rrom , its a room of clowns look at one angle

You know what would solve this? modern technology. Its 2015 NHL, not 1991. It is possible to put a chip in a puck and some small sensors on the posts to tell if its a goal. Not that hard

But, in reality this is a small blessing. Hopefully it gets McDavid going even harder. And its the Oilers, so this means the difference between a 10th and 9th overall pick.

But its a joke league doesnt have this technology. LA is also a joke, a franchise which openly supported a wife beater and cut loose a player carrying pain killers. The league gave them 10 mil it cap space. I wish nothing but the worst for that franchise

I think the chip in the puck problem has issues because of the manufacturing process of a puck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmRowxfR8wQ

It would be fairly difficult to get a chip in it without compromising the make up of the puck or chip integrity. I kind of wonder if you could blend small amounts of ferromagnetic metal into the rubber and have a magnetic sensor under the ice exactly 1 puck length inside the net from the goal line.

Or just some small camera devices would suffice tbh. You could build them into the net's structure so they're relatively save from being banged around too much.

Also it would be hard to have a sensor react if the puck is elevated at any level, the magnetism would have to be too high so it would only work so well. Maybe a second sensor inside the net next to the cross bar.

Last edited:

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Its an utter joke the NHL doesnt have goal line review. How the hell can a 10 year old with PVR show conclusive evidence of a goal and Toronto "war room" miss it. Its not a war rrom , its a room of clowns look at one angle

You know what would solve this? modern technology. Its 2015 NHL, not 1991. It is possible to put a chip in a puck and some small sensors on the posts to tell if its a goal. Not that hard

But, in reality this is a small blessing. Hopefully it gets McDavid going even harder. And its the Oilers, so this means the difference between a 10th and 9th overall pick.

But its a joke league doesnt have this technology. LA is also a joke, a franchise which openly supported a wife beater and cut loose a player carrying pain killers. The league gave them 10 mil it cap space. I wish nothing but the worst for that franchise

Amen to that.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
Renney wasn't the coach when Yak entered the league. That's why I was wondering how Renney was fined. Maybe another game?

I vaguely recall now it was near to the last game of the season and the Oilers may have gotten 7 or 8 penalties in a row, while LA could do what they wanted with impunity. Hence the "Maybe the NHL wants Hollywood in the playoffs" comment.

LA definitely seems to get more than their fair share of biased officiating over the years. It is to the point where once wonders if ... "maybe the NHL wants Hollywood in the playoffs ... year in year out".

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
3-5-1 or 4-5 looks so much better than 3-6

**** the NHL

Yup.

We need every damn point we can get, and this stings so hard. This month isn't exactly friendly on the schedule. Not to mention it was ****ing McDavid in the dying moments of a game. ****ing NHL is bushleague.

OILSLICK94

Mar 9, 2004
London Ontario
That call was a joke. Obviously. But we'll get over it if the Oilers keep playing like that.

They were completely outclassed in the second period, one of the worst periods of hockey I've seen them play. But it wasn't like they were giving up chance after chance, they just didn't have any energy in their game. And the fact that they actually came out and took it to the Kings in the third shows that this is a different team from year's past.

I can't say it enough, McDavid is such a joy to watch play in person. I've never seen anyone skate like that, and at 18 years old! The roof would've blown off if his goal had counted, but there's going to be many moments like that over the next 20 years, so everyone just needs to have a bit of patience. The good times are coming.

Finally, Oilers win that game with Eberle in. Guy is going to be a huge boost to Hall and RNH.

You can say that for over half of the losses this season, which most of them have been 1 goal losses. Ebs makes a difference right there. Can't wait for the return of Ebs, enough of the Hendricks/Klinkhammer on the top line.

WHEN HEALTHY, and GAWD STAY HEALTHY
Hall RNH Eberle
Pouliot McDavid Yakupov
Korpikoski Lander Purcell
Hendricks Letestu Klinkhammer
EX. Gazdic/Pakarinen

Sekera Fayne
Klefbom Schultz
Gryba Reinhart
EX. Ference

Talbot
Nilsson

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Yup.

We need every damn point we can get, and this stings so hard. This month isn't exactly friendly on the schedule. Not to mention it was ****ing McDavid in the dying moments of a game. ****ing NHL is bushleague.

Yes this one hurts and it didn't have to. They are definitely helping Hollywood and the dead southern US markets, bet the farm on it!!
Like they still think Arizona is a hockey market and doing everything they can., Mr. Beetman, (get your head out of your ***) instead of relocation the franchise to say Chibougamou QC or Brandon MB.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I think the chip in the puck problem has issues because of the manufacturing process of a puck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmRowxfR8wQ

It would be fairly difficult to get a chip in it without compromising the make up of the puck or chip integrity. I kind of wonder if you could blend small amounts of ferromagnetic metal into the rubber and have a magnetic sensor under the ice exactly 1 puck length inside the net from the goal line.

Or just some small camera devices would suffice tbh. You could build them into the net's structure so they're relatively save from being banged around too much.

Also it would be hard to have a sensor react if the puck is elevated at any level, the magnetism would have to be too high so it would only work so well. Maybe a second sensor inside the net next to the cross bar.

The game already lacks it based on the ****** reffing...how much more can it lose?:sarcasm:

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Yup.

Yup they blew an epic moment with the new face of the NHL. Oh well I'm over it, on to the next one.

oilz89*

Great so now Schultz is injured... HOW??? that small hit he didn't even extend anything how is that an injury? is he that weak?

Who do we call up now?

a) The Wily Nikita Nikitin
b) The Shortest Wonder in the World Brad Hunt
c) The Stud Darnell Nurse
d) Go with 5 D and leave Ference to go hunting with Eakins

I go with D

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
Urgh our d is being hit hard......without d I'm afraid this team won't be able to generate wins. Ffs I hope we get a legit top pair defencemen with that first pick

McDeathbyCheerios*

Great so now Schultz is injured... HOW??? that small hit he didn't even extend anything how is that an injury? is he that weak?

Who do we call up now?

I go with D
It seems to be an illness not an injury

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Yup they blew an epic moment with the new face of the NHL. Oh well I'm over it, on to the next one.

it seems so counter productive to the whole league to rule out goals like that.....

why not send it to overtime and not **** on one of the most exciting moments in the game?

even if you're a kings fan would you not be excited to see some overtime?

its dumb six ways from Sunday.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008

Who do we call up now?

I go with D

Rolling 5 D would be better than playing Ference, Nikitin, or Hunt.. but still be a terrible situation. Call up Nurse..

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
I'm happy with how we played overall. We've looked a lot better McLellan has been an excellent fit and I can see the team improving game by game. We just need a stretch against some mid level teams to get rolling again.

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
I'm still salty. Ray Ferraro said it best, this is a multi billion dollar industry, why is Toronto looking at pixelated images from ****** angles when the technology is there to do it right. That is embarrassing for the league imo, and boy did they ever get it wrong last night.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Yup.

Yep. The goal should've counted. The league and officiating is bush league.

Pressure

Real Talk
Aug 11, 2005
Edmonton
I don't want to derail the thread but this AND the Blue Jays con job is too much ref errors for me in one weekend. I cannot handle the inept officiating at all lately.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Our record is getting ugly.. and the schedule doesn't seem to be getting any easier...

Really needed that point. This sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad