TV: King of the Hill Revival Coming to Hulu

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
RIP Johnny :( :(

Dale Gribble/Rusty Shackleford was and will always be hilarious.

As for splicing bits of his past what… 13 seasons worth of dialogue together just to “keep him and his voice” around ..it just doesn’t work.

And it looks, and sounds awkward AF.

The Trailer Park Boys did this with their animated series when John Dunsworth (Mr. Lahey) suddenly passed away.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I always loved this show. The interactions between Bobby and Hank kill me. It's a clash between old school beliefs and new school weirdness. Bobby obviously didn't fit into what Hank thought a boy should be, but he still loved that f***er.

In my eyes, this is how the country could operate. You have this old school conservative type of family that at times is completely weirded out about Bobby not being a rugged boy but rather a bit more flamboyant. And while they're weirded out, they still accept the kid. That's America, baby!

I mean, they had Peggy become friends with a drag queen. That episode would ruffle some feathers now-a-days. It's good this show came out before cancel culture and the 'woke war' became so prominent. It'll be interesting to see if they keep that same energy.

Reactions: I am not exposed

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Not sure what to make of it without 3 of the main or semi main characters now. I'll still watch it but without Dale now, not sure what to make of he was my favorite of the series.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Looks like a 2025 release date. Womp.

And they don't think they will be bringing back Kahn because the voice actor is white and it offends people that he is doing an Asian character (like why they got rid of Apu in the Simpsons).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad