Waived: Kindl

skate skate skate

Apr 6, 2014
Europe
I didn't know he had to pass through waivers again!

Do you think he will be claimed this time around? In a way its to bad this didn't happen a bit later on in the week. I mean, when a team like the Leafs have sold off half of their roaster they might want a free player to slot into the line-up..

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia

Do you think he will be claimed this time around? In a way its to bad this didn't happen a bit later on in the week. I mean, when a team like the Leafs have sold off half of their roaster they might want a free player to slot into the line-up..

No one wants him for his term.

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
I'm 100% sure Mike Babcock is the last person in this Universe who would want him get claimed. :laugh:

I think it was written into his contract with TOR that if Kindl is on the roster they have to pay Babcock another $5M a season

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto

He didn't have to clear waivers again, but the Wings chose to waive him anyways for 2 reasons.

In the hopes that someone takes his contract off their hands, and it gives the team another 30 days and 10 games should he be needed in the NHL again.

skate skate skate

Apr 6, 2014
Europe
He didn't have to clear waivers again, but the Wings chose to waive him anyways for 2 reasons.

In the hopes that someone takes his contract off their hands, and it gives the team another 30 days and 10 games should he be needed in the NHL again.

Oh, okay, thanks! :) Didn't know you could do that.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Yeah didn't think that he had to be put on waivers, But i could see Holland's reasoning behind it hoping that he would get claimed plus it does them a 30 day and 10 game window if need be to get recalled.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
He clearly has no future with the team......any chance he's bought out in the offseason?

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
He clearly has no future with the team......any chance he's bought out in the offseason?

With one year left, why bother? His $2.4M shouldn't stop us from anything important. The buyout would have an impact for 2 seasons. We could probably retain less than the buyout amount and move him at the draft or after with just 1 year left.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Naw most likely if any one was to get bought out it would be Howard, And i seriously doubt that Holland would do that. Most likely this fall before the start of the season Kindl will be put on waivers once again and he will clear once again and rot for his last year in Grand Rapids most likely.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Wonder if he'll have any value on February 29th when some team like Edmonton has gutted their roster and plans on next year being a rebuilding season.

Ennui

I like our team?
Aug 13, 2008
Living in the past
www.fsb.ru
The word "No" doesn't seem to be in Kenny Holland's vocabulary.:help:

It would be nice to start signing players to more conservative contracts, especially as it concerns players that are not the greatest of difference makers.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Why is kindle the one to go and not Smith? Perfect example of smith is the 2-1 in OT or when he is on the ice. He looks lost so often.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Why is kindle the one to go and not Smith? Perfect example of smith is the 2-1 in OT or when he is on the ice. He looks lost so often.

I like Smith better, marginally, but if it were up to me I'd blow up the defense in the off-season. But that feels difficult when for the next 2 years we know the top 4 is essentially some variation of Kronwall, Green, Ericsson, DeKeyser.

Add in Smith and Kindl still on contracts and Marchenko due for a modest raise if you want to keep him... I dunno. Flexibility is kind of hamstringed right now.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

The simplest answer is because Smith is a lot better than Kindl at hockey... That isn't a close race, it might mean Smith is still sitting as the #7 shortly but he is much better than Kindl no matter what you want to reference in terms of mistakes. Kindl makes a lot more of them, has no physicality and outside of when his contract was on the line has never looked to care one iota about improving and competing harder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad