Confirmed with Link: Kimmo Timonen Re-signs (Reportedly $2M base; with bonuses could reach $3.5M)

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
@NHLFlyers 1m
Kimmo Timonen has signed a one-year contract extension for his 8th season with the #Flyers

@CraigCustance 2m
Kimmo Timonen signs a one-year deal with Flyers. Base salary in the $2 million range could be worth close to $4 million with bonuses.

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Anchorman.gif

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I was hoping for $4 million flat, but the extra 400K shouldn't matter.

Good move that takes us out of the Niskanen $6+ million bidding war.

Anthems

Aug 23, 2011
Vancouver
I'm okay with this move. Timonen is a very reliable defensemen. And his leadership abilities will benefit the transition of Ghost, Morin, and Hagg turning pro, as they aren't quite ready yet.

With this move, it's safe to assume our defensemen will be the same next season.

Coburn-Timonen
Schenn-Streit
Grossmann-MacDonald

Nobody has moveable contracts besides MacDonald and Streit, and I don't see them moving because MacDonald just signed with us, and Streit is too big of a salary for any team to take. That being said, Streit was arguably our best defensemen last season, so moving him at this point would make me a little nervous.

If we somehow got Grossmann to waive his NTC, that's one thing. Finding a team to take him will be the more difficult task. What this team needs is a young puck moving defensemen, but I feel the likelihood of that happening is very slim. Our defense getting an overhaul will have to wait at least another season, I'm afraid...

Calderone

old time hockey
Oct 18, 2008
Philly Metro Area
Am i the only person not happy Timonen is back?? His play has declined, and i just dont see him as a top pair/pp qb anymore. This was the time to let him walk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad