Signing(s): Kim Ng hired as Marlins GM, first female GM in NA sports

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
She's been around the block quite a bit. Seems like the perfect hire for a rebuilding team honestly. Worked under Coletti for years as Dodgers AGM and has been due for a GM gig.

Marlins make history in a good way for a change

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Got hired right out of school by the White Sox to work in their anylytic department. Served as a assistant GM to both the Yankees and Dodgers and was interviewed multiple times over for other GM gigs.

Literally the only reason she's had to wait this long is because she's a woman. Otherwise that resume would have handed her multiple GM gigs.

Unfortunately that also puts a shitload of pressure on her to succeed in her new role. If she flops people are wrongly going to assume women aren't qualified.

Truly, truly pulling for her to succeed. Let's smash some f***ing barriers

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Unfortunately that also puts a shitload of pressure on her to succeed in her new role. If she flops people are wrongly going to assume women aren't qualified.
True but thats why I think Marlins is a good fit for her. Not a high pressure cooker market.

Also, she's the first Asian American GM. On account that Zaidi is Canadian.

Last edited:
Reactions: PanthersPens62

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Good stuff congratulations to her. I hope I'm alive to see the day this isn't news anymore though. A person should be hired on abilities nothing else. Here's hoping I see that before I pass. Good on Marlins as well for taking this step.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Is Aubrey Huff f***ed in the head? It’s a serious question.

I wish he were still playing. Just imagining all the beanballs he would get. Although he would most likely be too much of a p***y to be this outspoken as an active player.

Last edited:

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

I wish he were still playing. Just imagining all the beanballs he would get. Although he would most likely be too much of a p***y this outspoken as an active player.

Just research why the Giants did not want him at a championship celebration ceremony. You will have your answer (and it is a resounding "Yes!")

Reactions: Vamos Rafa

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
Jo-Anne Polak was the first woman general manager in North American pro sports.

Anyway, good to see this hire. She has certainly put in the time.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
She certainly is qualified and deserves it, hopefully she can succeed despite the limitations on her financially with the Marlins and can parlay it into more.

I feel a little bad that her opportunity came with the Marlins, it is kind of like getting hired to coach the Cleveland Browns, or manage the Pirates, how many potential good people's careers were ruined by being in the wrong place. But then again if she can succeed in Miami they should make a statue for her

darko

Feb 16, 2009

I wish he were still playing. Just imagining all the beanballs he would get. Although he would most likely be too much of a p***y to be this outspoken as an active player.

Yes he is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad