Confirmed with Link: Kim Dillabaugh accepts job as Flyers goalie coach

DaftCaptain

Apr 9, 2014
ATL
wonderbeardproductions.com
http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/kim-dillabaugh-accepts-job-flyers-goalie-coach

Kim Dillabaugh has accepted the job to replace Jeff Reese, who resigned in March. An announcement from the Flyers is expected this coming week.

He was the Kings’ director of goaltending development.

“He decided to go to the Flyers because he’s got a fair contract and his relationship with Hexy,” Kings general manager Dean Lombardi told CSNPhilly.com. “It was a smart move.”

Lombardi allowed Dillabaugh to speak to several NHL clubs before he chose the Flyers.

Dillabaugh, who the Flyers have been talking to for awhile, has a strong working relationship with Flyers GM Ron Hextall — six years — and had been with Los Angeles for eight years.

A former goalie himself, the 37-year-old Dillabaugh played in the WHL with Kelowna and Calgary in the 1990s, then spent 10 years working with the Goaltender Development Institute.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Can't argue with the development of Quick, Bernier, and Jones. I like this signing a lot and it comes just in time because we now have a crop of goalies in the system.

It will also be interesting to see if he can refine Mason even more so

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Kim Dillabaugh, Los Angeles’ roving goalie instructor the last eight years, was officially named as Reese’s successor Friday.

“I’m extremely excited to be working with Dilly,” said Mason, 27, who had a career-best season last year, though he was limited to 51 games because of injuries. “We have had a few conversations to make sure we are on the same page for what we expect from each other.”

Added Mason: “I expect us to continue to pick up where last season left off, which was the season ending with my game in great shape.”

“I think working with Kim will continue to help grow my game to the point where I can continue the accent of the top goaltenders in the game,” Mason said, adding that Dillabaugh will “bring in new ideas which will only help me become a better goaltender. I look forward to meeting him this week when I’m in town.”

Source: Sam Carchidi

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...board-Provorov-signs.html#GpEALToeXJjj7m6M.99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad