Speculation: Killorn next captain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

c4rcy

Power lvls over 9000
Jun 15, 2009
OC, California
When Terry signs his contract, they give him the captaincy.

Alternates:

Killer
Henrique/Silf
Fowler

You could argue the veterans don't really need a letter on this team either.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I wouldn't mind Gudas or Killorn in the short term but I also don't think either are truly dominant enough to wear it for more than a year or so to keep the seat warm. You want someone who is at least in the ballpark of being your best player to wear it long term(Terry, Zegras, McTavish, Hopefully Carlsson/Drysdale)

Reactions: lwvs84

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
If Terry signs for 8 years, I would give him the C with 2 vets given the A to help him out. Over the next few years, start slowly phasing them out for new guys (McTavish, Z, Carlsson, whoever shows leadership qualities). Hopefully in a year or two, Terry is comfortable as the C. Then if you identify McTavish as the next best leader, give him the A and have a vet (Fowler or Killorn maybe?) mentor him as a leader. I like Terry with the C because he's the oldest of our new core and is very well spoken. I like McTavish given a leadership role because of the work ethic and dedication (not that Terry and others don't have it, but he just seems like a different animal when it comes to that). It's a great quality to build the new culture around.

Z might be a different voice for the other A (if he matures enough), he'd bring an energy and charisma the others don't have. It would be great to have that calming presence when needed and a guy that can energize the room if they come out flat.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
No C next year. If they are going to give it to a vet (Player over 25) should be Fowler. Would be a real slap in Cam’s face if someone new came in and got the “C”

Should wait till someone like McTavish is ready to take on the role, or maybe if Terry signs a long term contract, give it to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad