Speculation: Killorn next captain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
We didn’t name a captain last season… We just drafted a franchise #1 player, Zegras has a lot of maturing to do. Big Mac still young, Terry, might be a Captain( but I’m not sold) I could see Killorn being named captain( would also justify the higher salary he’s being given ) while the ducks wait on all our youngsters to reach their prime and see who then is truly ready. Could be crazy take. But I could see it. Thoughts ?

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
1688245830311.png

give em that C

Firequacker

used wall of text! It's not very effective...
Jun 3, 2022
Everything Verbeek said about the captaincy last offseason and season seemed to categorically exclude a vet or a bridge captain. Maybe what actually happened last season changed that, though.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Way to early for this... If anyone is going to be captain.. Its gotta be Fowler.. Even that I dont think he would make a good captain lol

Reactions: Ducks and lwvs84

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
We didn’t name a captain last season… We just drafted a franchise #1 player, Zegras has a lot of maturing to do. Big Mac still young, Terry, might be a Captain( but I’m not sold) I could see Killorn being named captain( would also justify the higher salary he’s being given ) while the ducks wait on all our youngsters to reach their prime and see who then is truly ready. Could be crazy take. But I could see it. Thoughts ?

Why are you still posting here when we took Carlsson

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
Fowler has long been the most underappreciated player on this team despite being one of our best players for over a decade, having a lead by example attitude, and doing a lot of great community work off the ice. He's 100% captain material and would be a great bridge until the new guys are ready to step up.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Fowler has long been the most underappreciated player on this team despite being one of our best players for over a decade, having a lead by example attitude, and doing a lot of great community work off the ice. He's 100% captain material and would be a great bridge until the new guys are ready to step up.
agreed. it's a braindead neanderthal take to think a captain can only be someone who is super physical and mean.

as for killorn, it'd be dumb to just give it to him. a captaincy should be something a player earns from the team and not just given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad