Killing Time Thread: Movies, Music, etc. Anything SFW That Kills Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
On Amazon Prime:
The Expanse - is a great sci-fi show. 4 seasons, so you won't be done it quickly.
The Boys - really interesting dark side of a corporation running superheroes
Marvelous Mrs. Maisel - show from the late 50's where a woman who's life is turned upside down as she learns to become a stand up comedian

I actually find myself watching more on Amazon than Netflix.

I can't wait for season 2 of the Boys. I've been sick of the super hero stuff for quite a while, but I think The Boys was my favorite new series last year.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Podcasts have provided the opportunity for comedians to earn a living without the fear of facing consequences for what they say.

Beginning in the '90s when television was king, comedians would view a pilot deal as the only route to success. That remained true until the likes of Marc Maron and Joe Rogan changed the game and gave power back to the comedians.

Instead of watching every word they say, comedians (the ones that want success bad enough) are now able to be "offensive" or "controversial" without the threat of being cancelled looming over them.

Social media has afforded many comedians to not only earn revenue from a podcast, but also the ability to promote their tours and specials. Andrew Schulz and Marc Normand are two rising comedians who have built their fan base through social media and podcasts; and both have uploaded their specials to YouTube, free of charge. Schulz's special was released 9 months ago; its current view count sits at 2.4 million. Mark Normand has surpassed 1M after 2 weeks.

For the last decade, Netflix has been king for comedian specials; however, they have completely oversaturated the market with a new special every week. The specials Netflix pass on are reaching millions of views on their own. I wonder how long before Netflix is no longer viewed as the pinnacle of success.

Yeah....I have friends that were in the Yuk Yuks touring game. It's different nowadays, that's for sure. Good luck if you're in Comedy. It's a grind.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Who did it better

me

or

Daniel Bernhardt from Bloodsport 2
upload_2020-5-27_20-42-23.jpeg

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Can anyone give me any recommendations? I ran out of new stuff to do over 80 days ago.
Favorite bands: Radiohead, Nine Inch Nails, System of Down and Bjork.
Favorite TV shows: Star Trek, M.A.S.H, 3rd Rock From The Sun and That 70's show.
Favorite Anime: Wolf's Rain, Cowboy Bebop, Gundam Wing and One Piece.
Favorite films: Usual Suspects, The Matrix, Natural Born Killers, Fight Club and The Doors. (Oliver Stone)

as I mentioned earlier

if you like star trek and havnt seen battlestar galactica its worth a look.

you can stream it using a vpn on syfy.com

Its a great time to learn programming too. IF you're into that sort of thing....or hell even just learning a new skill. I've been trying to learn React. Well.....not really.....but I could.....in theory.

-end nerd

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Wifes flowers. We kept that original BlueBox on the left from way back. Before they changed to making you buy bags. Comes in handy.

N3uzeg1.jpg

Reactions: Skar

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

I found a really cool website where you can play classic/retro video games. NHL 2001 is on there, so I was playing that one night. I forgot how good of an intro the game had for that time and how good of a song "Heavy" is by Collective Soul, which was the intro song. I then forgot how good of a band Collective Soul is. I now find myself listening to them a lot lately on the drive out to work and back.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
I found a really cool website where you can play classic/retro video games. NHL 2001 is on there, so I was playing that one night. I forgot how good of an intro the game had for that time and how good of a song "Heavy" is by Collective Soul, which was the intro song. I then forgot how good of a band Collective Soul is. I now find myself listening to them a lot lately on the drive out to work and back.

I played the hell out of that game back in the day. I remember the game had the ability to injure your opponent when you laid bone crushing hits.

:laugh:

Reactions: McFuhryous

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I can't wait for season 2 of the Boys. I've been sick of the super hero stuff for quite a while, but I think The Boys was my favorite new series last year.

The Boys is so amazing and The Expanse is one of my favourite shows of all time already. It actually KNOWS what space is about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad