Pre-Game Talk: Killed in Kowtown

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Based upon our last 3 performances vs non playoff teams, missing 6 regulars, 4 rookie D if Bouchard is playing, stomach flu making it’s way through the team and the Flames recent take down of the best team in the league this could get ugly.

Woody’s shine has worn off. He’s fallen into the Tippett Trap of overplaying the stars till their lungs burst and legs fall off, and there’s no semblance of the defensive systems that brought him the 7 wins.

Special teams are riding the special bus and are beyond abysmal. They can’t PK and miss Nuge desperately and the PP is frozen with only one play - McDavid trying to pass to Draisaitl.

A loss to Calgary followed by the Putin loving Capitals and then the Lightning who beat us for fun would have us well out of the playoffs by this time next week.

We need 4 points out of the next 3 games. Can the team turn it around? Does Skinner get recalled? Can they not be embarrassed in f***ing Calgary of all places?

I hope we give it to those shit for brains inbreds down south. But I’m only holding my breath because the stench from Calgary.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Manson might have to suit up and play D tomorrow night.

The Flames still don't scare me. They've had ridiculous luck this year with injuries. They might have beat Colorado, but they've also had their asses handed to them by Vancouver and lost to Montreal, giving up the same amount of goals the Oilers did, albeit they did salvage a point.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I expected the Oilers to lose against Chicago and Montreal. Knew they would. But somehow I take it this up and down team plays well for a game and beats Calgary. One reason is the Oilers are horrible at home. Whats with that? The other is at least they will get up for a game against Calgary.

This is what this elevator club does all the time. Take you up, take you down.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
I expected the Oilers to lose against Chicago and Montreal. Knew they would. But somehow I take it this up and down team plays well for a game and beats Calgary. One reason is the Oilers are horrible at home. Whats with that? The other is at least they will get up for a game against Calgary.

This is what this toilet seat club does all the time. Take you up, take you down.

fixed.

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015

cough cough i'm sick

GifMeme 06032022135042.gif

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Before yesterday I was really excited about this game. Now I'm suddenly finding myself absolutely dreading the thought of it. :(

Reactions: Dan403

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Before yesterday I was really excited about this game. Now I'm suddenly finding myself absolutely dreading the thought of it. :(

expect the worst. If the Oilers exceed expectations, then you can be pleasantly surprised.

I am thinking 6-1 flames, all the Oiler young players have bad games, Leon and Connor have bad body language at the end and yell at Woodcroft on the bench.

Reactions: Dan403

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
So Smith wasn't smart enough to pull himself last night because he wasn't feeling well? Something being wrong was very obvious.

the only thing that makes sense to me is that Woody knew his team would not come back and it was better to keep Kosko out of the Montreal mess so as to avoid screwing Kosko up for Monday.

Reactions: tardigrade81

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
Betting the house on us tomorrow. We only lose badly against non-playoff teams and will come up big against contenders ( look at Florida game)

See you all on your private jets in a few days

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Honestly. I’m not expecting a win. I hope we can make the game competitive but Flames have looked unreal the last several weeks, where the Oilers have looked average at best (and that’s being nice) oilers usually always play the Flames tough, but going by the last few games….. The Flames should destroy us 5-1 or something like that.

I guess we just aren’t using Skinner anymore?? Guy gets a shut out and then doesn’t see the ice Lmao. This is exactly what I mean by he will never get into a Rhythm. Playing once every three weeks definitely won’t do it. This organization is so unbelievably frustrating.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
We could really use Archibald right now if he's healthy and in shape. Like, really bad. Here's to hoping he is energized and has been working his ass off to be in top shape. He was a good player on our roster.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
My head says the Flames are at least 2 goals better than us. So, I’m going to f*** them up and predict a 5-2 win for the inbreds. We will now win for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad