Kids at Hockey Games

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
I'm wanting to take my son to his first hockey game. He's nearly 5 years old (April), and I was curious where the best seating for him would be. I've gone to a couple of games myself and have sat a few seats from the glass; I've also sat further back in front of the club level. Both seats were great, and really I don't think you can sit in a bad seat at a hockey game. The issue is that my son, being so young, isn't going to really follow what is going on. He'll most likely just enjoy the action and energy of the arena. My question is: Where is the best seat for a young child at a hockey game?

:help::help::help:

Desert Panther

Resident Lurker
Jun 23, 2002
Frisco, TX
Visit site
I'm wanting to take my son to his first hockey game. He's nearly 5 years old (April), and I was curious where the best seating for him would be. I've gone to a couple of games myself and have sat a few seats from the glass; I've also sat further back in front of the club level. Both seats were great, and really I don't think you can sit in a bad seat at a hockey game. The issue is that my son, being so young, isn't going to really follow what is going on. He'll most likely just enjoy the action and energy of the arena. My question is: Where is the best seat for a young child at a hockey game?

At that age, as you said, he is probably not going to follow a lot of the action. I would say the best seat is anywhere he can enjoy quality time with his daddy.

Holy Jokinen

Mar 4, 2007
Tampa

I'm gonna say club level. Up there you have easy access to the concourse and you have limited stairs to deal with. But really, you can't go wrong...

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
My daughter grew up going to Panther games when we lived down there, and I take my 9 year old son whenever we get a chance. Young kids, it doesn't matter where you sit for the game, they're not engged much anyway, although lower bowl is better for Stanley visits(if he gets his job back). Kids love warm-up on the glass. ALWAYS do that. Enjoy your children.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
How early are the warm-ups? We're 3 hours away. Don't
They usually have activities on Sunday games for kids? Thanks for all the advice, guys!

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
How early are the warm-ups? We're 3 hours away. Don't
They usually have activities on Sunday games for kids? Thanks for all the advice, guys!

They usually have extra stuff setup outside for kids on Sundays. But I think they have slides and puck shoots etc for pretty much every game. Not sure exactly what time warm ups start they usually open the doors an hour before puck drop.

aviators99

Apr 8, 2012
Weston, Florida, USA
If he hasn't already learned them from you, prepare to have your son learn some new words at the arena. Mine did when I started taking him at about the same age. But I guess it's part of hockey!

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
If he hasn't already learned them from you, prepare to have your son learn some new words at the arena. Mine did when I started taking him at about the same age. But I guess it's part of hockey!

:laugh: I try to watch what I say when I have kids around if a situation arises like the ref making a bad call or one of our guys screwing up.

I notice until most very young kids try to pay attention to the game at first with their parents explaining what's going on, but they get bored midway through the 1st period. They do love getting up close to the players during warmups and watch them practice. Luckily, there's plenty to do outside of the game as it was mentioned with the stuff going on outside on the concourse. and the game room upstairs.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
5 year old? Make it thru one period before they get bored. Bring coloring stuff, electronic games.

Stony Curtis

Sep 21, 2018
Try not to be the parents who shamelessly begs and guilts a player into giving them a $400.00 hockey stick.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!!! IT'S FOR MY KID, OK?!?"

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Guess this thread was on the last page as the purge of older threads went to the beginning of 2013.

Was going to say can't believe Graves came back to post on a playoff experience for kids.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Imagine my surprise coming back to HFBoards after a long hiatus to find my old post dredged up.

Update: my son doesn’t care about hockey at all. Good news is my daughter (12) started watching with me this year during the playoffs. Without any kind of prompting from me. *fingers crossed*

Did he at least enjoy the first hockey game that he went to about 10 years ago?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad