Confirmed with Link: Khudobin to Ducks for Wisniewski

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
if we could get sekera back, our defense would actually be... good

Since we took on some money via these deals, I doubt it. That said I love the combination of moves to add a little salary and Wisniewski. Had a great 13-14.

Also, I see Hanifin listed everywhere, but no mention of Fleury? I am not trying to rush anyone but another signing effectively shuts out the idea of Fleury surprising us in the fall. Haven't been posting lately so I may have missed an update on Fleury.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Since we took on some money via these deals, I doubt it.

Also, I see Hanifin listed everywhere, but no mention of Fleury? I am not trying to rush anyone but another signing effectively shuts out the idea of Fleury surprising us in the fall. Haven't been posting lately so I may have missed an update on Fleury.

Fleury will be in the WHL. His team is hosting the Memorial Cup and it's not like he was very impressive last year. He's not ready.

Emerald Duck

Dec 9, 2009
Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim, CA
Sort of difficult to comment on Wiz 2.0 (he previously played for the Ducks in 09-10) because he played so little for us this time.

He arrived with a bruised foot at the TDL, and he played a little before the staff decided to give him time to fully heal up. While he wasn't playing, Despres began to find a lot of chemistry with Fowler. I don't think anyone expected Despres to play so well on his off side (right) and click immediately with Fowler. Wiz couldn't find ice time because our other Dmen playing on the right side (Beauchemin/Vatanen) had been playing well all season long with a consistent linemate and we didn't want to mess with the d pairings heading into the playoffs. We already had a PP QB (Vatanen), so Wiz just didn't have a spot.

We thought Wiz might be kept this season as a leadership replacement for Beauchmin who is a UFA (and who we are trying to re-sign so maybe the trade is a good sign in this regard), but it didn't work out that way. Our blueline and D depth are all pretty young now except for Stoner, so we need to pick up some more experience or convince Scott Niedermeyer to lace 'em up again :)

Good luck with Wiz next season. If you need an experienced PP QB, then he'll help you for sure.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Are the details to this finalized? No salary retention of 8th round picks involved as of yet?

Swag Surf Aho

Find Your Own Style
Jul 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
I'm in favor of this trade. Khudobin and Lack is basically a wash. So then adding Wiz essentially only costed a 3rd when his value was a 2nd and William Karlsson at the TDL last year.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I'm in favor of this trade. Khudobin and Lack is basically a wash. So then adding Wiz essentially only costed a 3rd when his value was a 2nd and William Karlsson at the TDL last year.

Lack > Doby and he's half the price. It's a big win especially with Wiz's contract being very favourable in terms of actual dollars in the next few years.

Swag Surf Aho

Find Your Own Style
Jul 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Lack > Doby and he's half the price. It's a big win especially with Wiz's contract being very favourable in terms of actual dollars in the next few years.

I know that Lack is good but I don't want to set myself up for disappointment. Some Vancouver fans are making it out to sound like he's Lundqvist. :laugh:

salsa man

SALSA
Nov 20, 2013
California
if we could get sekera back, our defense would actually be... good

It would be.

Sekera/Faulk
Hainsey/Wisniewski
Hanifin/whoever

Just don't play Wiz with Hanifin. Wiz isn't that bad defensively (he's about par), but he's not good enough to be somebody that Hanifin could lean on at times. No matter how good Hanifin is/will be, he's not going to be able to carry a pair right away.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
If he's going to be with anyone but Faulk, they may as well stick him with Hanifin or Murphy; then go with the go-to Southern method of fixing anything. Duck tape (get it) and prayer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad