Confirmed with Link: Khudobin, come on down! (1 year, 800k)

Swag Surf Aho

Find Your Own Style
Jul 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
All of a sudden when Burmistrov takes part in the "Russian factor", pre-conceived notions of bad work ethic and locker room cancer arise and applies to all Russians. Coincidence? Maybe.

If you watched the same Semin that I did last year, you'd realize that his contract isn't really a problem considering that he's exactly what this team's been missing. Tlusty's an awesome compliment to that line, but you no longer hear complaints about finding Eric Staal a winger. Semin's everything you want offensively while playing smart not but spectacular defense. The only slowing down that's coming from Semin is the game when the puck is on his stick.

The "Russian factor" is very real but doesn't apply to some. Hearing this nonsense come from our board about our Russian superstar is bothersome, especially when browsing the Khudobin thread. :shakehead

jstaal

go canes go
Apr 14, 2009
mass
good point! In replying to taken seriously whats said out here, now , so love this signing, how soon before everyone is clamoring for cam to sit on bench... lol

Last edited:

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
All of a sudden when Burmistrov takes part in the "Russian factor", pre-conceived notions of bad work ethic and locker room cancer arise and applies to all Russians. Coincidence? Maybe.

If you watched the same Semin that I did last year, you'd realize that his contract isn't really a problem considering that he's exactly what this team's been missing. Tlusty's an awesome compliment to that line, but you no longer hear complaints about finding Eric Staal a winger. Semin's everything you want offensively while playing smart not but spectacular defense. The only slowing down that's coming from Semin is the game when the puck is on his stick.

The "Russian factor" is very real but doesn't apply to some. Hearing this nonsense come from our board about our Russian superstar is bothersome, especially when browsing the Khudobin thread. :shakehead

The only good thing about Russians, is the ability to get unpronounceable things written on your NHL jerseys.

The two currently available to Hurricanes fans atm are:

"Сёмин" & "Худобин"

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Semin's contract isn't a problem...at the moment.

That doesn't exclude it from becoming a problem down the line. Especially if Semin does become that "lazy, floater Semin" that apparently showed up in DC.

Hoping it doesn't happen, but certainly not disregarding the possibility.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

I wouldn't care if Semin was Russian, Finn, Swede or Canadian. As I said, I liked what I saw last year and am glad he's signed, but am a bit nervous that he's signed at $7M / year for 5 years. I hope he's worth every penny, but it doens't change the fact that the Canes signed a guy who has 2 consecutive 54 point seasons to a $35M contract, based on a half seasons' work.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
No blame for being nervous, but keep in mind that he's only about 4 months older than Eric Staal. If Eric can rebound and earn his keep, so can Semin.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
The only good thing about Russians, is the ability to get unpronounceable things written on your NHL jerseys.

The two currently available to Hurricanes fans atm are:

"Сёмин" & "Худобин"

The former of which is, of course, pronounced "Syomin". Kinda surprises me that Chuck K hasn't pushed this more. ;)

--hank

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad