Khudobin back in Russia

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
What kind of season did he end up having in the WHL? I remember reading reports around mid-season that his teammates didn't show up when he was in net.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Chrisd said:
dumb quote of the year award winner :biglaugh:

I forgot to add our only legit prospect goaltender. Harding, now that he is in the NHL, isn't a prospect. Kopriva probably will be a backup at best. Khudobin could've been a backup too but probably better than Kopriva.

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
who cares really.......Manny is what 31 and has about 5 good years left, and harding is a very good prospect.

Most teams dont have a good vet/rookie combo like that.....no worries here.

If they want another one they can trade for one , draft one this year whatever....it's not worth fretting over khubodin....it really isn't.

Glen Erickson

Oct 16, 2005
kidhander said:
He'll play in Russia next season, for Metallurg Magnitogorsk.
A nice kid...a fun interview. Loved his emotion!

It will always be easy for the media in this country to bury Khudobin in print for three tough games he played in North America over the past two seasons. Maybe the writers need to feel the wrath of his goal stick to the extent he endured the wrath of their pens...

Speaking from personal experieince, Dave King will help the kid to improve in a big way if he sticks around to coach Metallurg next season.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Glen Erickson said:
A nice kid...a fun interview. Loved his emotion!

It will always be easy for the media in this country to bury Khudobin in print for three tough games he played in North America over the past two seasons. Maybe the writers need to feel the wrath of his goal stick to the extent he endured the wrath of their pens...

Speaking from personal experieince, Dave King will help the kid to improve in a big way if he sticks around to coach Metallurg next season.

What interview? I read the news through www.gazeta.ru

Glen Erickson

Oct 16, 2005
kidhander said:
What interview? I read the news through www.gazeta.ru
Check the Minnesota Wild page...the archives for December 2005.

I spoke with Khudobin at the World Junior in Kelowna, part of the conversation through an interpreter. We had each other laughing a bit as I know some of the folks in Saskatoon with the Blades organization where he played last season.

Again, a nice kid who had a tough year in a new country.

Cheers...

GBG BLEED BLUE

Jun 8, 2005
Saskatoon,Sask
www.whlfans.ca
He was very fun to watch

I was excited when I heard that he would being playing in Saskatoon for the Blades for at least one season,it was so much fun to watch him all season long and in 9 of the 10 playoff games that I saw. I was hoping that he would be back for his final season in junior hockey but I guess not. Anyways I hope he can make it into the NHL someday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad