KHL Revenues/Attendance

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Thus, not a great hockey market. LEAFS, LEAFS, LEAFS. That's about it for the majority in Torono.

I'm confused? My point being Leafs do great, Marlies don't. I wouldn't say Toronto is not a great hockey market because no one gives for the Marlies. Actually, I take that back, it is not a great hockey market, it is an epic hockey market.

straka91*

Looks almost the same as the AHL in terms of attendance. I hope one day the NHL and KHL lose their pride and become partners. The KHL could be the Euro AHL for the NHL.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I dont like idea of KHL as Euro AHL for NHL. Why? Any sense?
In far future I can imagine NHL and KHL like Premierschip and La Liga or Bundesliga or Seria A in football (soccer).. why not?

Purple hippo

Jan 3, 2010
Louvain-la-Neuve
Will it be a team in Sochi when the new olympic arena is finished?

There have been talks that one of the Moscow clubs would move (which needs to happen) but those rumours have seem to die the past while. Only current talks are foreign clubs but I would assume that Sochi will get club before Olympics.

NMF78

Feb 25, 2010
Belgium
There have been talks that one of the Moscow clubs would move (which needs to happen) but those rumours have seem to die the past while. Only current talks are foreign clubs but I would assume that Sochi will get club before Olympics.

which club then because cska will and should never move, spartak? or one of the teams from the moscow region (atlant? viyaz?)

Purple hippo

Jan 3, 2010
Louvain-la-Neuve
which club then because cska will and should never move, spartak? or one of the teams from the moscow region (atlant? viyaz?)

Its not CSKA or Dynamo who is getting a new arena, I have always see it being Spartak who is prime candidate to move. I wouldnt mind seeing Vityaz move as well but doubtful.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
NHL Salary

$ 57.7 million (50% income tax) ==> $ 29 million

KHL salary

$ 33 million (13% income tax) ==> $ 29 million

In Russia a small capacity stadiums, but the taxes are low.
After 3-4 years there will be new arenas. Then we can compete with the NHL.

What?

The highest income tax you can pay in the United States is 35% and it's only applied to taxable income, which is reduced by deductions.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Spartak is rumored to merge (swallow Atlant) and play in Mytishi (there may not be a mention of Atlant in the future club's name and that is rumored to happen after the next season. I take that rumor with a grain of salt, but it does come from a person who has some internal knowledge. I would think it's reasonable to think that Atlant will be moving to Sochi permanently.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
either typical american or he's trolling.

Haha this post is so awesome. it's trolling while calling out potential trolling. brilliant!:laugh:

I don't want to see a partnership if it includes clubs playing one another even relatively regularly. The travel would be brutal. I'm ok with KHL teams flying to NA for games though ;)

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Can someone please update this regularly this year? .....Even though the official figures may not be completely accurate.

loppa*

Spartak is rumored to merge (swallow Atlant) and play in Mytishi (there may not be a mention of Atlant in the future club's name and that is rumored to happen after the next season. I take that rumor with a grain of salt, but it does come from a person who has some internal knowledge. I would think it's reasonable to think that Atlant will be moving to Sochi permanently.

I think that this would be great. The reason why is because there are too many teams in the Moscow area. Already one disappeared when Dinamo swallowed one, and I look forward to this other one being swallowed. )

It also allows for more expansion to new markets. Perhaps this is how they will make room for the Finnish team.

Jokeri

Jul 1, 2013
Lev-Torpedo 3161
Yugra-Barys 2700:laugh:
CSKA-Ak Bars 3600???

What a shame...

Same attendance than a Swedish or Finnish second highest league have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad