KHL on Eleven Sports Network

stars33

Jan 29, 2011
New York
Last season they did have the playoffs after buying out OWS. As of today I do not see any games on the schedule. My backup is the website Laola.tv. however, there is no announcing.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
I think they will, but on their site you can only view the TV schedule for this week (through Sunday). KHL season obviously starts Monday.

stars33

Jan 29, 2011
New York
Laola.t.v. has KHL preseason games. So I am assuming they will have the upcoming khl season. As of today eleven sports does not have KHL on the schedule. I am very disappointed.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Laola.t.v. has KHL preseason games. So I am assuming they will have the upcoming khl season. As of today eleven sports does not have KHL on the schedule. I am very disappointed.

I thought the same way but it is not true, unfortunately. Very recently, I asked them if they would broadcast live games from KHL, to which they replied no. I hope they will negotiate and get a deal done but at this moment I'm not very hopeful. Just three days left for the season opener and there is not a single game in schedule on laola1.tv. They would have added them long ago if KHL was to be broadcast.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I thought the same way but it is not true, unfortunately. Very recently, I asked them if they would broadcast live games from KHL, to which they replied no. I hope they will negotiate and get a deal done but at this moment I'm not very hopeful. Just three days left for the season opener and there is not a single game in schedule on laola1.tv. They would have added them long ago if KHL was to be broadcast.

Of course I do not know what is situation with Laola, if they negotiate with the league or not.

As we know, Viasat announced new KHL deal for FIN etc a few days ago. Still no KHL TV deal for CZ/SVK market (the same situation as with Viasat, KHL rights ended after 16/17).

Maybe the KHL wants more money than in previous deals, so negotiations are complicated. As you know, FIFA sold rights for Confederation Cup 2017 to Russian broadcasters a few days before a start of the event. So I would not be suprised if some deals are announced during weekend or Monday. Another option is that the KHL wants to develop their webcast, so will not sell the rights to Laola. I do not know.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I have just written this to other thread, but it is relevant here as well.

All KHL video content at khl.ru, including stream of matches, is geo-blocked for FIN, NOR, SWE, DEN, CZ, SVK, HUN, SUI, USA, CAN & CHINA. My explanation is that KHL sold internet rights (as part of TV deal) for those territories to local broadcasters. Viasat´s press release confirms it.

The deal means that MTG will continue to air KHL ice hockey in Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden for the next four seasons. Matches featuring Finland̢۪s Jokerit team and other selected high-profile games will be shown live on MTG̢۪s Viasat Hockey channel in Finland, Norway and Sweden, or the Viaplay streaming service, where coverage will also be available in Denmark.

Any news if Eleven Sports Network will broadcast KHL in USA, Canada? Were USA, Canada geo-blocked last season?

geri

Jan 21, 2015
Vienna&DelrayBeachFL
unfortunatly laola1.tv dont broadcast KHL anymore-i was directly asking them and answer was they wont..

stars33

Jan 29, 2011
New York
As of today, here in the US I can not even get KHL highlights on youtube. This is terrible. I am outraged. I can go to illegal sites but risk viruses to my computer.
I am hoping somebody can give me answers because shutting out the biggest hockey market in the world does not make dollars or sense.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Now we know why KHL Gamecenter is geo-blocked for Canada. DAZN bought streaming rights. Do they stream KHL in Austria/Germany, their other markets, as well?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad