Rumor: KHL insider hints that Kovalchuk isn't staying in LA

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I could see Pittsburgh shaking things up and adding him. He'd be able to play with Malkin or Crosby and add some real secondary scoring there.

Edmonton could also be an option. They badly need a winger. Could this be their opportunity to upload Lucic's salary while getting a piece that's valuable to them? Just not sure if he'd waive his NMC to play there.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If Kovy did bolt back to the KHL, LA would have to pull a Datsyuk and send him to someone who could take the full cap hit but no salary.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Kovy for Lucic :D
This actually doesn't seem to be out of the realm of possibility. If you think about it, LA is going to be rebuilding. Say they get Lucic and a 2nd round pick or prospect for Kovy, it helps both teams. Edmonton desperately needs a scoring winger and LA needs to start acquiring picks and prospects.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
This actually doesn't seem to be out of the realm of possibility. If you think about it, LA is going to be rebuilding. Say they get Lucic and a 2nd round pick or prospect for Kovy, it helps both teams. Edmonton desperately needs a scoring winger and LA needs to start acquiring picks and prospects.

the length of Lucic's deal makes it a no go and the Oilers cap means they cannot take on any extra or retain.

A deal I could see between the oilers and Kings would be something like: Puljujariv + 2nd (turns into 1st if Edmonton makes Western Finals) + Russell (for Cap) for Toffoli

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Oiler fans if you want us to take Lucic you'll have to make it worthwhile. Moving Kovalchuk for him solves no issues. We could take alucic for assets and move kovalchuk for assets.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Willie D has a thing for chasing away Russians.
Just a brutal coach.

The Kings went from champs to a tire-fire very quickly. Now they're chasing away their most productive player so far this season. Time to figure things out and trade him before he walks.

Reactions: RocketKing

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Willie D has a thing for chasing away Russians.

Sure seems like it honestly.

Just a brutal coach.

The Kings went from champs to a tire-fire very quickly. Now they're chasing away their most productive player so far this season. Time to figure things out and trade him before he walks.

The best player on the Kings all season is getting benched. Makes no sense.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Kovalchuk has been a great add for the Kings. The Kings outside of him have just sucked badly.

This issue with Kovalchuk isn't an issue he created, this is all on WD. He either hates Russians and or is a complete dumb ass.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
:laugh: I have no desire to mock the Kings or their struggles, but seeing this guy’s much vaunted comeback turn into a disaster 2 months into a 3 year deal is just magnificent.

People said buyer beware in the summer and it was for good reason. Radulov only got a year and he was coming back at 30.

This is the kind of shit you read when people don't have any clue about what's going on.

Kovalchuk isn't the problem. And Kovalchuk isn't radulov.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
This is the kind of **** you read when people don't have any clue about what's going on.

Kovalchuk isn't the problem. And Kovalchuk isn't radulov.

Cool. He might not be your main problem, but signing him was a roll of the dice and I'm glad (for his sake) his vaunted comeback has been for a dud team and that he's already run afoul of his coaches. As far as the Kings fortunes, I dont care, but if he could continue to not be the problem in LA while they went through a rebuild, that would be pretty funny too.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Cool. He might not be your main problem, but signing him was a roll of the dice and I'm glad (for his sake) his vaunted comeback has been for a dud team and that he's already run afoul of his coaches. As far as the Kings fortunes, I dont care, but if he could continue to not be the problem in LA while they went through a rebuild, that would be pretty funny too.
Why are you glad that he isn't working out? The NHL is a better league with Kovalchuk in it. He's a good player and will still be a good piece on whichever team he ends up with.

Reactions: funky and Karly14

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
So many people are. They just read the title and spout off hate. The op says nothing about this being from Kovy, everyone is just taking it the way they want to take it.

Op is so vague anyways. Funny the biases. I’ve read posts after people question the source saying, “well he’s from the khl, obviously he’s clued in”.

So Garrioch and Brooks are NHL, no one just assumes what they say is right. Why are so many poeple assuming a vague tweet like that is a) accurate and b) suggesting it’s kovy being a problem?

Sad and pathetic.

Reactions: SvechNecas and Sol

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
So many people are. They just read the title and spout off hate. The op says nothing about this being from Kovy, everyone is just taking it the way they want to take it.

Op is so vague anyways. Funny the biases. I’ve read posts after people question the source saying, “well he’s from the khl, obviously he’s clued in”.

So Garrioch and Brooks are NHL, no one just assumes what they say is right. Why are so many poeple assuming a vague tweet like that is a) accurate and b) suggesting it’s kovy being a problem?

Sad and pathetic.

I've never seen a player get treated the way Kovalchuk is getting treated on HF. I've seen people have reasonable issues with him, this is just baseless hate.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Another possibility...

Don Waddell was on Toronto radio a few weeks ago talking about how desperate Carolina was for a scoring forward. He was also saying they need to make the playoffs to retain and grow their fanbase, so he would be listening to teams who have an available top 6 forward.

Now, this was obviously in relation to Nylander, but could the Canes be a fit for Kovalchuk? Not sure if he still maintains a residence in Atlanta, but it's not too far and has a similar climate. I wonder if there would be mutual interest.

Reactions: LAKings88

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Kovalchuk and Martinez....what are we thinking in terms of a futures and expiring contract kind of situation?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Only just over 2 minutes in ice time through the first period tonight,

Pathetic. The Kings should be ashamed.

Reactions: LAKings88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad