Video KHL: Darcy Verot vs Jeremy Yablonski

CuteHockeyBunny

May 25, 2009
Montreal
Ah, downward elbow strikes. Illegal in the UFC and in all of MMA but okay in the KHL.

Even if the entire NHL roster would move to the KHL, it would still be a joke league.

Rob Scuderi

Sep 3, 2009
If KHL refs/linesman aren't used to these guys fighting they should adjust quickly. Not very hard to realize they needed to step in when one guy was on his knees trying to bearhug the other while the other is trying to elbow him in the head.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Nice of the refs to stand there and do nothing. Especially when that fight was over a good bit before the elbow strikes.

Wiesel

May 29, 2008
That's really disgusting. Well, Vityaz owners must have liked that.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Ah, downward elbow strikes. Illegal in the UFC and in all of MMA but okay in the KHL.

Even if the entire NHL roster would move to the KHL, it would still be a joke league.

ya, downward elbow strikes to the back of the head deserve respect.

he connects flush with any of those, and Verot's career is over.

at first I was like, euh what elbow??? That was until I watched the second video. OMG! That was Pejorative Slured. The guy should be banned from hockey for even trying this. Come on!!!

Caje

Mar 18, 2010
Yablonski is a thug. I'm ashamed that he was ever affiliated with Ottawa.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
I just saw that the guy did MMA too. He knew what he was doing, he was clearly trying to hurt him badly. What an idiot.

Erz8771

Aug 2, 2007
T.Bay
Just when you think they cant get any worse this happens. Cant wait for his next "fight".

zoA

Mar 23, 2010
Can't wait for that Yabo enthusiast claiming he's the nicest guy ever to come in trying to defend him. What a joke this guy has become, so incredibly dangerous to use downward elbow strikes like that. Joke team, with some really pathetic "players".

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
When did the KHL change its rules that it's only a five minute major for fighting? I thought fighting was a game misconduct in most European elite leagues.

Eytinge

Jul 25, 2009
please show respect to KHL.
KHL deserves zero respects for allowing a JOKE team like Vityaz team to operate.

Yabo is a straight up goon, what a disgrace, and I'm a guy that likes hockey fights.

Junior389

Mar 28, 2009
Illinois
I am in no way condoning what Yablonski did. He was part of the Blues farm system at one time and the Blues are my team. He obviously threw elbows in the 2nd video. But you do realize these are two different fights, not just different angles, which means Verot wanted a chance to redeem himself after the first fight. With that said, what Yablonski did in the 2nd fight was absolutely horrible. Stuff like that shouldn't fly in any league.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
I like that much better that NHL fighting. This is true fight, where players have responsibility for going into the fight. You fell? You better stand up or you get beaten worse. No linesmen are gonna help you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad