KHL business aspects discussion

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Remove those "-" in front of numbers, as it looks like they are in negative :help:

fixed

fbjulyqjq.jpg

vkjulyzsz.jpg

ytjulywtw.jpg

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Btw, Twitter followers aren't something that anyone should boast about. Many of them may not be real. E.g. a couple of Finnish...let's use the term sports personalities, although dbags would be more appropriate, boast about their 20-40K followers eventhough it was revealed that 2/3 of those were bots. :laugh:

mkev400

Jul 21, 2016
I am actually surprised to see the Zagreb has a page on Vkontakt. Considering that non of the other non-russian teams are represented there. Though I suppose this could be a fan made page, I guess?

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I am actually surprised to see the Zagreb has a page on Vkontakt. Considering that non of the other non-russian teams are represented there. Though I suppose this could be a fan made page, I guess?

I have just checked it one more time. At Medvescak´s page on KHL website, there is an icon of VK account, but Medvescak official website does not have VK among social media accounts. On the other hand VK Medvescak´s page that it is official one. This VK account is run by some fan, not by club directly. So I dont know. I know that Slovan´s VK page was not official a few years ago, but now seems to be official. I guess it is run by fans, not by club.

I think that non-russian clubs should work with VK as well, of course russian market is not priority for non-russian clubs but there is some potential. The same can be applied for russian clubs & FB, where is bigger potential than VK for non-russian clubs.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
When speaking about bussiness, HC Sochi announced (for TASS Agency) that cooperates with SKA & Team Russia (both is run by Roman Rotenberg) in marketing department and planning to rebrand the logo for new season (and maybe will have 3rd alternative jersey but it is not decided yet). I think it is good news, because SKA´s marketing is best in KHL and maybe in whole hockey Europe.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
When speaking about bussiness, HC Sochi announced (for TASS Agency) that cooperates with SKA & Team Russia (both is run by Roman Rotenberg) in marketing department and planning to rebrand the logo for new season (and maybe will have 3rd alternative jersey but it is not decided yet). I think it is good news, because SKA´s marketing is best in KHL and maybe in whole hockey Europe.

Sochi is ALREADY re-branding? Lol.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
I know it's kind of common, but rebranding all the time is annoying.

In Russian football, Rubin Kazan has rebranded 4 times in 6 years. It's ridiculous.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada

This is good to hear. BTW the preseason tournament games have been well attended in Sochi which has been interesting, the organization has potential. A little marketing boost may be all they need to start growing there fan base. Also anyone else think that Florida Panthers design was a rip from Sochi?

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
This is good to hear. BTW the preseason tournament games have been well attended in Sochi which has been interesting, the organization has potential. A little marketing boost may be all they need to start growing there fan base. Also anyone else think that Florida Panthers design was a rip from Sochi?

There is interesting article at Sochi website. They mentioned that they are losing tousends of fans because of bad transport to arena, want to fix it. Btw they are new sponsor, Russian railways, so will be more stable in financial department.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Huge props to the KHL for its app. For anyone who has not tried it, its worth your time to do so. You can set up notifications for when your team scores then go to the real time scoreboard and watch the goal which today was posted within minutes the goal was scored. I don't know if it will be like that for every game but wow, much better/smoother than the rogers gamecentre app for the NHL. Very impressed, really enhances the fan experience for me at least. In English too.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Huge props to the KHL for its app. For anyone who has not tried it, its worth your time to do so. You can set up notifications for when your team scores then go to the real time scoreboard and watch the goal which today was posted within minutes the goal was scored. I don't know if it will be like that for every game but wow, much better/smoother than the rogers gamecentre app for the NHL. Very impressed, really enhances the fan experience for me at least. In English too.

great to hear :handclap: As Cherny has said many times - KHL´s goal is to lure new fans/audience, one group of them are family (women) with kids, second one are young people using mobiles etc (so good app is condition for success). Plus twitter made hashtag #KHL with Gagarin Cup logo. And you can tweet @KHL #счет & they will send you the score of matches. If you use @KHL #Team hashtag, they will send you the score of your team match.

CqdES9vXgAADVse.jpg

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Yep, the KHL app is pretty good, but it lost Kaprizov somewhere on the way from Novokuznetsk to Ufa.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Yep, the KHL app is pretty good, but it lost Kaprizov somewhere on the way from Novokuznetsk to Ufa.

:laugh: Reminds me of my friend's player in Football Manager who left for vacation and never came back. From a prolific striker to Alexander Supertramp.

The app is really a big step forward, to be honest I didn't expect something so cool from KHL. I am always saying that I am skeptical about the future of this league due to financial reasons but they've been working really hard and in a dedicated way, which really puts my mind at ease.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Sport TV (SVK) is broadcasting KHL Ice Week now, it is summary of the best from last week. Is it production of KHL because it looks like it? Does Viasat broadcast it in SWE/FIN? If it is production of KHL, then it is very good because the league need such magazine.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Translation:

"It's been rumoured and I replied moments ago so I'll say it here that nothing has been paid. First two salary payments yet to be seen."

In case people don't get it, Amur is missing out on salary payments, again.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara

Translation:

"It's been rumoured and I replied moments ago so I'll say it here that nothing has been paid. First two salary payments yet to be seen."

In case people don't get it, Amur is missing out on salary payments, again.

There are similar reports about Medvescak as well, posted in their thread.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
KHL decided to promote league´s sponsors more. So called Priceless League is named after Mastercard, Fantasy after Haier. It is another way how to promote the sponsors. NHL did it too - NHL Bridgestone Winter Classic.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Baby steps to hopefully long term stability. At least their trying, Chernyshenko appears more business savvy than Medvedev who seemed more like a mob boss (maybe he actually is who knows).

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Pretty much entire SKA roster there, who could have guessed. Also, if this list is corrected, Salavat were morons to give Svedberg extension for that much money instead of letting him go. Koshechkin seems a bit overpaid too but I guess Magnitka can't hear me since they have those Gagarin cup rings plugging their ears.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad