KHL attendance 2014/2015

loppa*

I thought it would be cool to have a topic for attendance of the league this season.

So, to start...

It may be way too early to say this... but, Riga seems to have pitifully low attendance at the start of the season, no?

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
I thought it would be cool to have a topic for attendance of the league this season.

So, to start...

It may be way too early to say this... but, Riga seems to have pitifully low attendance at the start of the season, no?
yeah, it look like their fans are knowing the death is in the offing for the club and are already trying to distance themselves from it:laugh:
i think it's the last season in the khl for them

RobertR

Jul 5, 2012
We will see, if Ukraine situation is solved when the next season starts, its all gonna be ok, considering how fast people forget things..

Or who knows, Russia is giving the money, its all up to them.

And about attendance, wasn't it like 5k~ at the start of the previous season? When we played Amur/Sibir? Or that was a season before that, when there was a losing streak..

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
We will see, if Ukraine situation is solved when the next season starts, its all gonna be ok, considering how fast people forget things..

Or who knows, Russia is giving the money, its all up to them.

And about attendance, wasn't it like 5k~ at the start of the previous season? When we played Amur/Sibir? Or that was a season before that, when there was a losing streak..
good point. i hope soon there'll be less money to spend. i don't have much hope in it, but none the less. it's a little ironic you need to change the political regime for it to make happen.

Last edited:

RobertR

Jul 5, 2012
Yeah, they will probably spend it on more useful things. :sarcasm:

Like bringing Ovechkin to K, thats why Medvedev talked about surprises in the next season. The will cut DR off, add a "little" more cash, and here you go, Ovi in the KHL. :sarcasm:

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
Yeah, they will probably spend it on more useful things. :sarcasm:

Like bringing Ovechkin to K, thats why Medvedev talked about surprises in the next season. The will cut DR off, add a "little" more cash, and here you go, Ovi in the KHL. :sarcasm:

I don't believe it about Ovie but even if he comes I am already sorry for the team that'll acquire him.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
About Riga, if it is a political reasons why people don't go to the games (which IMO is stupid, if you rebel ok, do you really think you are showing Putin something? The only people who pay the price are loyal fans who will lose DR at the end of the day. So IMO - be thankful you have good hockey to watch, support your team and shut up about all the other BS).

So the fans that attend the games are seen as Latvian traitors or something? I don't mean to make this a political statement, in fact Im trying to hope that fans will separate politics from hockey.

loppa*

mixing sport and politics is some kind of tradition in europe. ;)

I don't like that.

But for example... Slovan still outsells their arena, or so I think they did this season? So, at least they are not affected by any political sort of stuff.

The other thing is... that if people in say Latvia or somewhere do not like Russia for whatever reason, wouldn't they like to go see their home team beat Russian teams? Hence it may be an incentive to go.

Back to attendance... Jokerit seems to have pretty good attendance so far. Luckily political stuff does not get in the way, but, I do think that the fans do like it when their "finnish" team beats the "russian" team... makes it nicer to them than if the finnish team was beating another domestic one, I think...

RobertR

Jul 5, 2012
About Riga, if it is a political reasons why people don't go to the games (which IMO is stupid, if you rebel ok, do you really think you are showing Putin something? The only people who pay the price are loyal fans who will lose DR at the end of the day. So IMO - be thankful you have good hockey to watch, support your team and shut up about all the other BS).

So the fans that attend the games are seen as Latvian traitors or something? I don't mean to make this a political statement, in fact Im trying to hope that fans will separate politics from hockey.

Ohh, don't try and analyse something.

Yeah, fans who support the Dinamo, are not Latvians, are supporting Putin, and War in Ukraine, that statement is flying around lv media.

I duuno, people are just stupid. I'am surprised no one encourages everyone to refuse to pay for heating this winter or something, because, well gas we are getting is from Putin..

And of course, majority is against Dinamo, but are willing to support our National team, where 50% players are from Dinamo, they get paid with Putins bloody money.:help: How can you support that?

:loony:

BlueBratislava

Nov 7, 2013
I don't like that.

But for example... Slovan still outsells their arena, or so I think they did this season? So, at least they are not affected by any political sort of stuff.

The other thing is... that if people in say Latvia or somewhere do not like Russia for whatever reason, wouldn't they like to go see their home team beat Russian teams? Hence it may be an incentive to go.

Back to attendance... Jokerit seems to have pretty good attendance so far. Luckily political stuff does not get in the way, but, I do think that the fans do like it when their "finnish" team beats the "russian" team... makes it nicer to them than if the finnish team was beating another domestic one, I think...

Yes, people in Bratislava might have some feelings against Russia from 1968, and many many people do- but that doesn't mean that people will stop coming to games. In fact those people who don't like Russia might get double the happiness from a win against a Russian team :laugh:

Back to the topic, all the season ticket holders I know had their season tickets extended into this year. With the new reinforced lineup and Slovan playing watchable hockey, I am not worried about Slovan's attendance if they keep playing like this and the ticket prics won't go up.

loppa*

Yes, people in Bratislava might have some feelings against Russia from 1968, and many many people do- but that doesn't mean that people will stop coming to games. In fact those people who don't like Russia might get double the happiness from a win against a Russian team :laugh:

Back to the topic, all the season ticket holders I know had their season tickets extended into this year. With the new reinforced lineup and Slovan playing watchable hockey, I am not worried about Slovan's attendance if they keep playing like this and the ticket prics won't go up.

Yeah, that's my point, animosity towards Russia would increase attendance I thought. :/ Oh well, different places. Granted, it is still a bit early in the season.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Ohh, don't try and analyse something.

Yeah, fans who support the Dinamo, are not Latvians, are supporting Putin, and War in Ukraine, that statement is flying around lv media.

I duuno, people are just stupid. I'am surprised no one encourages everyone to refuse to pay for heating this winter or something, because, well gas we are getting is from Putin..

And of course, majority is against Dinamo, but are willing to support our National team, where 50% players are from Dinamo, they get paid with Putins bloody money.:help: How can you support that?

:loony:

:laugh: just too bad though to see what things have become. I used to love tuning into DR games because the atmosphere was so great at that arena and the hockey was usually exciting. I hope that they stay in the KHL and this Ukraine issue blows over.

jaco

Oct 21, 2011
This thread is about attendance, right?

So, average attendance (according do wikipedia):
2008-09 5,298
2009-10 5,474
2010-11 5,785
2011-12 5,891
2012-13 6,106
2013-14 6,081

2014-15 6,246 (after 8 days).

Thanks to Jokerit, I should think.

loppa*

Minsk's home opener has 14090... better than last year, yay.

Thanks to Jokerit, I should think.

Don't jump to conclusions. Lada's low attendance plays into that figure also. Only about 3,000 in their second home game. :P

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
Don't jump to conclusions. Lada's low attendance plays into that figure also. Only about 3,000 in their second home game. :P

And I remember when some Russian poster was wistfully memorizing the time when Lada still played in the KHL and what a great fan base they had.

loppa*

And I remember when some Russian poster was wistfully memorizing the time when Lada still played in the KHL and what a great fan base they had.

I recalled the same thing. People speak of some grand traditions and whatnot, well, screw the traditions is what I have to say. We see that it did not have much effect on Spartak, that team is out and I hope they never come back. same for some others, like Ustkamenogorsk... they had a team in the Soviet league nonstop, they're not even on the radar to my knowledge, of getting a team now. Again, screw tradition as a reason to justify stuff. Vladivostok has no tradition, as well many places have absolutely no tradition. :P

Of course, as always, I do not want to jump to conclusions. Maybe Lada will sell out the rest of their home games. Maybe. Thus far they have not been able to do so, and their second game shows really pitiful attendance. I hope attendance recovers, but if it does not then the person, saying that they are so great with great tradition and such stuff, will really ask themselves how naive is himself/herself.

But either way, Lada left the league before, they can leave again. I welcome whatever happens. Even if they leave I don't see that as something bad, if anything I see it as something good, because it would really show thick skulled people that some things don't work. There are of course lots of teams to replace Lada in the case that they do leave. And if they do stay, well, good for them!

BlueBratislava

Nov 7, 2013
I recalled the same thing. People speak of some grand traditions and whatnot, well, screw the traditions is what I have to say. We see that it did not have much effect on Spartak, that team is out and I hope they never come back. same for some others, like Ustkamenogorsk... they had a team in the Soviet league nonstop, they're not even on the radar to my knowledge, of getting a team now. Again, screw tradition as a reason to justify stuff. Vladivostok has no tradition, as well many places have absolutely no tradition. :P

Of course, as always, I do not want to jump to conclusions. Maybe Lada will sell out the rest of their home games. Maybe. Thus far they have not been able to do so, and their second game shows really pitiful attendance. I hope attendance recovers, but if it does not then the person, saying that they are so great with great tradition and such stuff, will really ask themselves how naive is himself/herself.

But either way, Lada left the league before, they can leave again. I welcome whatever happens. Even if they leave I don't see that as something bad, if anything I see it as something good, because it would really show thick skulled people that some things don't work. There are of course lots of teams to replace Lada in the case that they do leave. And if they do stay, well, good for them!

How much are tickets in Togliatti? Or let me ask, how much are tickets in big cities of Russia?

York

Jul 21, 2013
How much are tickets in Togliatti? Or let me ask, how much are tickets in big cities of Russia?

The average ticket price for SKA St. Petersburg - 20 euros. But with this season's top ticket price is not fixed and depends on the time of purchase, the number of tickets available and of course the opposing team :)
The minimum price for the match of the regular season ~ 4 euros, max ~35, but as i wrote above price may increase.

In Togliatti ticket price ~ from 5 to 12.5 euros. Yaroslavl ~ 9-15 euro.

Last edited:

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
The average ticket price for SKA St. Petersburg - 20 euros. But with this season's top ticket price is not fixed and depends on the time of purchase, the number of tickets available and of course the opposing team :)
The minimum price for the match of the regular season ~ 4 euros, max ~35, but as i wrote above price may increase.

In Togliatti ticket price ~ from 5 to 12.5 euros. Yaroslavl ~ 9-15 euro.

Last year, it was ~15 against a non-rival in Moscow (Dynamo) for good seats. Interesting how competition in entertainment, sports, and hockey in particular drive the ticket prices down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad