KHL 2015-2016 season speculation

geri

Jan 21, 2015
Vienna&DelrayBeachFL

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
you have any deeper information already?
i hope it comes true....

http://kurier.at/sport/wintersport/erste-bank-liga-bratislava-ist-kein-thema-zagreb-vor-der-rueckkehr/126.393.930

todays KURIER writes that slovak federation dont give the OK to EBEL...
..knowing our managment we know the reason:laugh: we keep the EBEL door open as KHL negotations take until mid may...
anyway, these all are goods signs that we stay in KHL.

There was info, that at the end of April it will be know, if KHL or not KHL. Now i see it 75 % for KHL. Only my feelings.

Somewhere i read, that when GM of Slovan visited a EBEL playoff game, he wasnt very happy about what he saw. Unofficially he should said, that it had level of Slovak Extraliga playout game. :)

Arlus

Apr 3, 2014
Europe
On a Russian bookmaker website, there is an outright betting for KHL winner in 2016, 28 teams, with Spartak in and no Atlant.

Wondering if this is going to be at the start of the new season?????

loppa*

With the KHL season over, what is next for the KHL in the 2015-16 season? Post any speculation you have read or heard. Lets get a discussion going on what is next for the KHL.

My speculation is that this topic will be locked.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Well, I expect Jokerit can go far if they can do succesfull signing work at summer. Making the team stronger and more straight forward. 1-2 top end scoring liners still need to signed.

maxim84

Oct 19, 2013
Zagreb
I think it's interesting to see how people see the future and among other things next KHL season...some will be right, some will be wrong but the point of the forum is speculating since no poster identified himself as a hockey club official and none of the clubs have their representatives on this board...that means all we can do is SPECULATE from that littlle bit of information we get through media ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
The proposed new calendar for the 2015-16 season – the VIII Kontinental Hockey League Championship – has been officially approved by the managing bodies of the League, the Russian Hockey Federation, the Ministry of Sport and the national team. The modifications to the Championship schedule were implemented to give the greatest possible assistance to both club and country.

The season will begin and end earlier than previous campaigns, in order to give Team Russia more time to train and prepare for the 2016 World Championships, of which Russia is the host nation. As a result, the start date is the 24th of August, 2015, and the latest possible closing date (namely, in the event of the Gagarin Cup final series stretching to seven games) is the 19th of April, 2016.

Another factor taken into consideration when devising the 2015-16 season schedule was the calendar of events held under the auspices of the International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF). Thus there will be breaks in the season before and during national teams’ games in IIHF tournaments. These pauses in the season will also enable the KHL clubs to conduct additional training sessions or to grant their players rest and recovery time, and will eliminate the danger of clubs in the KHL Championship fielding weakened teams owing to the enforced absence of leading players called up for international duty.

Changes have also been made to the play-off stage of the Championship. All the games in every series in the Gagarin Cup will be played every other day, unlike in previous years when, for example, a series begins with two games in two days. This is another positive alteration to the schedule, as it reduces the risk of injury to the players, allows them to recuperate from the previous day’s exertions, and therefore enables the competing teams to produce a higher level of performance.
http://en.khl.ru/news/2015/04/23/234176.html

Fetisov will be back as member of KHL Board of Directors

kulenova seka

There was info, that at the end of April it will be know, if KHL or not KHL. Now i see it 75 % for KHL. Only my feelings.

Somewhere i read, that when GM of Slovan visited a EBEL playoff game, he wasnt very happy about what he saw. Unofficially he should said, that it had level of Slovak Extraliga playout game. :)

Your GM needs new glases :) Jakub Gasparovic played for Medvescak in 12/13 season and he was non-factor in playoffs, much inferior player to Brandon Buck or Kyle Greentree :)

About speculation ... Medvescak is being closer and closer to EBEL ...

loppa*

I think it's interesting to see how people see the future and among other things next KHL season...some will be right, some will be wrong but the point of the forum is speculating since no poster identified himself as a hockey club official and none of the clubs have their representatives on this board...that means all we can do is SPECULATE from that littlle bit of information we get through media ;-)

Well if we talk about how people see the future then I kind think that it may make a lot of sense to have a regular season topic (IE, not a speculation topic)... why separate regular season and this thing? Then the thing is that there is always speculation when the KHL is involved... certain things happen out of the blue without any of us knowing. So, the question becomes, at what point does one join separate this from a regular season topic, when speculation is something which happens year round, ya know? Last season speculation would go in the post sochi topic, or in the regular season topic. Hence, I just am a bit confused why have such a topic?

Of course, if you think this topic is ideal and great, well, you're more than welcome to have that opinion, and I respect you for that if that is indeed the case.

About speculation ... Medvescak is being closer and closer to EBEL ...

Since you said that last time I must ask again, but with emphasis, SOURCE?!

Last edited by a moderator:

kulenova seka

Well if we talk about how people see the future then I kind think that it may make a lot of sense to have a regular season topic (IE, not a speculation topic)... why separate regular season and this thing? Then the thing is that there is always speculation when the KHL is involved... certain things happen out of the blue without any of us knowing. So, the question becomes, at what point does one join separate this from a regular season topic, when speculation is something which happens year round, ya know? Last season speculation would go in the post sochi topic, or in the regular season topic. Hence, I just am a bit confused why have such a topic?

Of course, if you think this topic is ideal and great, well, you're more than welcome to have that opinion, and I respect you for that if that is indeed the case.

Since you said that last time I must ask again, but with emphasis, SOURCE?!

There is inline hockey center in Zagreb owned by Igor Jačmenjak (Croatian NT defender). This center is regularly visited by people from Medveščak's staff like Letang and/or Fox, goalie coach Mohorič etc. So, if they are not trustful source then I don't know who the hell could be:)

maxim84

Oct 19, 2013
Zagreb
Well if we talk about how people see the future then I kind think that it may make a lot of sense to have a regular season topic (IE, not a speculation topic)... why separate regular season and this thing? Then the thing is that there is always speculation when the KHL is involved... certain things happen out of the blue without any of us knowing. So, the question becomes, at what point does one join separate this from a regular season topic, when speculation is something which happens year round, ya know? Last season speculation would go in the post sochi topic, or in the regular season topic. Hence, I just am a bit confused why have such a topic? .

Well I think it is logical that people will speculate more now when there is no certain info. I'm sure that by the time the schedule comes out 99% of things will be agreed on and certain thus ending the amount of speculation topics. For example now you can speculate about number of clubs, league format, number of foreigners etc that only changes once in the season. At some point that will be established as part of the rules for the next season and then this thread fades away...like many before it

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
What does that mean or does it change anything?
I dont know what that mean. He worked in KHL as chairmen of KHL Board of Directors, he worked with Chernyshenko in preKHL era (euro-asian league). All I know is that new KHL Board of Directors will be elected in mid July.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Spartak is almost sure. Krylia I think not.

Atlant will be out (waiting for something official).

Slovan also likely. Riga could be gone as well, there was a comment about a month ago from the GM/owner/whatever, that he could not confirm they will play in KHL next season. The Latvian posters seem to think so as well, since they haven't been seen here for ages.

loppa*

Slovan also likely. Riga could be gone as well, there was a comment about a month ago from the GM/owner/whatever, that he could not confirm they will play in KHL next season. The Latvian posters seem to think so as well, since they haven't been seen here for ages.

That's a good observation. I did not notice it.
Then again, earlier, the Slovan folk also disappeared for a while.

Spartak is in. Atlant is out. It's official. Krilya still have a long way to go.

I would hate it if Krilya came back. Rather than bring them back due to some stupid reasons of "tradition", it's better to kick out Vityaz, to have only three (which is still a lot) teams in Moscow.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
I would hate it if Krilya came back. Rather than bring them back due to some stupid reasons of "tradition", it's better to kick out Vityaz, to have only three (which is still a lot) teams in Moscow.

Podolsk is in the Moscow Oblast, not Moscow. The distance seems to be approximately 50 kilometers.

loppa*

Podolsk is in the Moscow Oblast, not Moscow. The distance seems to be approximately 50 kilometers.

Well in some contexts that may be a big distance. But considering the scale of the huge size of Moscow, I look at it as part of Moscow. It would be part of the Moscow wider region to say the least, right?

The NHL occasionally speaks of a second Toronto team... I don't like that idea, but supposedly the second team would be in a suburb. This suburb is still in the Toronto area, so the team would be considered to be also from Toronto...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad