Speculation: Key RFA signings

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Snow's RFA signings are very hit or miss. JT, Frans, KO have great contracts. Grabner and Bailey have awful deals.

Anyways I'd like to see just about all of the RFAs re-signed. But I don't care if Nilsson/Poulin do or not. Poulin if he'll sign for cheap and a 1-2 year deal I'd take-but that's about it.

These are one of the few things I trust Snow with. I believe the Grabner deal was right after his rookie season if I'm correct. I can't fault him too much for that, especially because it's not like we are up against the cap ceiling :laugh:

That Bailey one is just terrible.

SDIsles34

Jul 19, 2010
These are one of the few things I trust Snow with. I believe the Grabner deal was right after his rookie season if I'm correct. I can't fault him too much for that, especially because it's not like we are up against the cap ceiling :laugh:

That Bailey one is just terrible.

Frans signed two VERY team friendly deals. Andrew MacDonald's was very affordable as well.

Also, PA Parenteau resigned for one year was making 2 million when he put up 50+ assists. (Islander fans notoriously HATED that deal).

Impossible to defend the Bailey deal, that is going to haunt us.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
If he does, we'll finish in last place.

Disagree. Strongly.

The Bailey hate around here is actually pretty comical. Even when he's playing well(like he has lately), he's still turned into a scapegoat.

If we do finish in last(next year, I'd imagine is what you are referring to), it won't be because of that line. Especially considering we made the playoffs last year with a much worse top line(Moulson-Tavares-Boyes).

Poliz24

Jun 25, 2012
LI
Disagree. Strongly.

The Bailey hate around here is actually pretty comical. Even when he's playing well(like he has lately), he's still turned into a scapegoat.

If we do finish in last(next year, I'd imagine is what you are referring to), it won't be because of that line. Especially considering we made the playoffs last year with a much worse top line(Moulson-Tavares-Boyes).

I agree with you, the reason why we won't make the playoffs next year will depend on who our goaltender is. Not to mention the bailey-frans-KO line last year got so much praise for being a solid second line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad