Value of: Kevin Stenlund to Toronto

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
What would CBJ fans want in return for Kevin Stenlund? He’d be a good fit for Toronto’s third line.

Not really interested in trading him simply because he's a center (CBJ's biggest weakness) who has looked good in his random call-ups throughout this injury-riddled season. If he gets traded I'd imagine it'd be as part of a package to get an established 1C or 2C.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
In a vacuum, second rounder at the draft if there's someone the Jackets like.

Unfortunately the Jackets are quite thin at center which might up his value. However, he will need to be exposed in the expansion draft (or protected at the cost of another player) which would lower his value.

Also - I have no idea about Stenlund's upside and I've watched him for almost 2 full seasons. He could be a top-6 forward, a bottom-6 guy, or even an AHLer in his prime. It is very hard to tell. Him being a right hand shot with size is a plus. The minus is his skating which is slow.

Reactions: Steeler23

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
I’m asking for a realistic price in acquiring him from Toronto’s perspective. That motivation would be reflected in the asking price.

He's just getting his first taste of the NHL. He plays center. Growth potential is a wild unknown. I think if Columbus moves him it's in a package for someone with more value (and probably not as the center piece). His shot is lethal but man is his skating bad like what @Crede777 said.

It's hard to value prospects that are just starting to show their growth. It's not like he needs a change of scenery or is a blue chipper so there is a lot of unknowns.

That said, I also don't think he'd really help your third line based on where he is (should still be in the AHL).

Reactions: Crede777 and Fro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad