Value of: Kevin Shattenkirk as a UFA

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
With Shattenkirk hinting that he wants to sign with a team in the Northeast coast, that pretty much leaves these teams as his options.

New York Rangers
New York Islanders
New Jersey Devils
Boston Bruins
Philadelphia Flyers

Where will he most likely sign, for how much, and is it for sure going to be one of these teams?

NYR and NYI seem to be on a decline.
BOS seems to just be floating around.
NJD and PHI are on the upswing - these two teams make the most sense for Shattenkirk IMO.

Last edited:

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
With Shattenkirk hinting that he wants to sign with a team in the Northeast coast, that pretty much leaves these teams as his options.

New York Rangers
New York Islanders
New Jersey Devils
Boston Bruins
Philadelphia Flyers

Where will he most likely sign, for how much, and is it for sure going to be one of these teams?

NYR and NYI seem to be on a decline.
BOS seems to just be floating around.
NJD and PHI are on the upswing - these two teams make the most sense for Shattenkirk IMO.
Where's this hinting that Shattenkiek would only sign with a Northeast team coming from? He has suggested that he would like to sign with the Rangers growing up a Rangers fan and all, But there hasn't been any other suggestion that he would sign with another Northeast team. I bet if Detroit traded for Shatty i'm more then sure that he would resign there.

Stephen Gionta

Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Where's this hinting that Shattenkiek would only sign with a Northeast team coming from? He has suggested that he would like to sign with the Rangers growing up a Rangers fan and all, But there hasn't been any other suggestion that he would sign with another Northeast team. I bet if Detroit traded for Shatty i'm more then sure that he would resign there.

Hasn't his agent stated Kevin wants to sign in the Northeast? If he was going to sign with Detroit, he might as well just resign with St. Louis

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Hasn't his agent stated Kevin wants to sign in the Northeast? If he was going to sign with Detroit, he might as well just resign with St. Louis

You'll have to show me the source where Shattenkirk's agent said that he wants to sign in the Northeast, Because i haven't seen it any where's. There's been some speculation of him wanting to possibly sign with the Rangers because he grew up a Ranger's fan. But that means nothing right now. Pretty sure all the Leaf fans thought it was a forgone conclusion that Stamkos would sign in Toronto. As of now we don't know what Shattenkirk wants. Rangers are treading down Boston isn't much better Islanders really don't need him not sure why he would want to go to New Jersey and i don't see him in Philly. So really what else is there. And he's not going to resign back with St Louis if they can't afford to resign him for what he's going to want on the open market.

Stephen Gionta

Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
You'll have to show me the source where Shattenkirk's agent said that he wants to sign in the Northeast, Because i haven't seen it any where's. There's been some speculation of him wanting to possibly sign with the Rangers because he grew up a Ranger's fan. But that means nothing right now. Pretty sure all the Leaf fans thought it was a forgone conclusion that Stamkos would sign in Toronto. As of now we don't know what Shattenkirk wants. Rangers are treading down Boston isn't much better Islanders really don't need him not sure why he would want to go to New Jersey and i don't see him in Philly. So really what else is there. And he's not going to resign back with St Louis if they can't afford to resign him for what he's going to want on the open market.

So where do you think he goes

IMO he should get a 7 X 7 contract.

Kanneda

Aug 10, 2014
Madrid
We should be all in for him (NYR). I'm thinking Gorton's conservative style this offseason is for retooling and be ready to make a big offer for him next summer. And I'd happy with it, we need a decent puck mover on the right side more than anything, and he's among the best and a Rangers fan so we can't lose this opportunity.
He'll be 28 so something around 8 years, 6.5 millions would be a good fit for both sides.

Last edited:

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
So where do you think he goes

IMO he should get a 7 X 7 contract.

I really don't know right now? If i was to venture a guess i say before all is said and done that Shattenkirk winds up in Boston for who i don't now yet. I think he will get close to 7 x 7 most Blues fans say that he wants the Pietrangelo deal so that would be 7 x 6.5 in which is a really fair offer for Shatty.

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
UFA's are always overpaid, so I'd say some team will end up paying him at least 7 million a year. I wouldnt be that disappointed if the Blues traded him now for a couple high draft picks.

Trade Shattenkirk for a 1st + 2nd round pick or something similar.

Sign a good rental left-handed d-man with the extra cap space to play on either the 1st or 2nd pair.

The Blues can afford to lose Shattenkirk and get some value out of him now since they're stacked with RH d-men. Petro, Shattenkirk, Parayko are in a log jam. Shatty is the odd man out.

Stephen Gionta

Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
UFA's are always overpaid, so I'd say some team will end up paying him at least 7 million a year. I wouldnt be that disappointed if the Blues traded him now for a couple high draft picks.

Trade Shattenkirk for a 1st + 2nd round pick or something similar.

Sign a good rental left-handed d-man with the extra cap space to play on either the 1st or 2nd pair.

The Blues can afford to lose Shattenkirk and get some value out of him now since they're stacked with RH d-men. Petro, Shattenkirk, Parayko are in a log jam. Shatty is the odd man out.

So if New Jersey offered a 2017 1st (lottery protected) + Blandisi/2018 2nd round pick, would that be something of interest? Blandisi would fit right in the top 9 on the Blues.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
So if New Jersey offered a 2017 1st (lottery protected) + Blandisi/2018 2nd round pick, would that be something of interest? Blandisi would fit right in the top 9 on the Blues.

Blandisi likely wouldn't fit in the top 9, he'd be with Jaskin and Rattie fighting for minutes. Army likely wouldn't settle for a deal like that.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL

And who exactly do you propose, because that's much easier said than done? Guys you're describing aren't just sitting in free agency hoping for their phone to ring.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
1) Plays defense
2) Shoots right
3) Brings a lot of offense

I'm not his biggest fan but dude is going to get paid. 7*7 at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad