Switzerland: Kevin Lötscher retires

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
Surprised that I couldn't find a thread about this topic.

Just sad how the career of a promising young player got destroyed by a drunk driver.

He fought for it. But sadly you don't always get rewarded for fighting.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
This whole story is sad. And i certainly regret the loss of a great player for our Swiss team and the wreck of a career. (don't get me wrong !)

But by learning to fight to get his level back, he probably learned to fight to achieve goals in life.
That is equivalent to bank gold.

I am convinced that if he can turn his head around and look forward, his future is bright. And this is what i wish him. Reap the benefits of this long fight. He'll be able to achieve what others wont because of the sphere of comfort in which they are.

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
there's a thread in the International forum...

I had a very bad feeling about this when he was demoted to Ajoie... because a guy like Schläpfer would have kept him if there had been a shade of a chance left for recovery.

a truly sad story, but now he got clarification at least and can move on.

that means that the Valais canton has lost its other "sports talent of the decade" to a horrible injury after Albrecht. both of them would've been important athletes for Switzerland at Sotchi's...

all the best to Kevin for the future!

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
I think it's not far fetched to say he could have had the same career trajectory as Moser.

At least he will be able to live a normal life, not everyone who was hit by a car has this "luck". Here in Geneva we had two people killed over the last year because of someone else's stupidity behind the wheel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad