Value of: Kevin Hayes

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
What would it take to pry one Kevin Hayes out of New York? Are the Rangers looking to sell him? also on a side note, are Spooner or Namestikov viable options for 3c's? if so how much would they be?

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Hayes probably isn't available. I know if I was GM, I wouldn't be looking to trade him, at least until we see what we have in Andersson, Chytil and Howden.

Spooner or Namestnikov could be had, though. Not sure the price, but I imagine it would be at least a 2nd rounder for each.

Klaus3154

Apr 22, 2018
New York
Hayes probably isn’t available at anywhere close to what the rest of the league would deem ‘fair value’. Rangers really want to see what he can do. A major overpayment would be required. All denials are fine as they aren’t looking to trade him anyway.

Reactions: haveandare
Feb 27, 2002
NYC
I think Hayes actually came into his own this year. Looks like he could a be a 3C with size you can depend on. Seemed to have some chemistry with Spooner as well.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Hayes is likely not available, the last 2 years he became a legitimate core piece, improved way beyond what his first 2 seasons would have projected.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Hayes probably isn't available. I know if I was GM, I wouldn't be looking to trade him, at least until we see what we have in Andersson, Chytil and Howden.

Spooner or Namestnikov could be had, though. Not sure the price, but I imagine it would be at least a 2nd rounder for each.
I don't know much about Spooner, but Namestnikov ought to garner at least the mid-to-late first bickered about in the Kreider thread. Although he himself is not some great offensive driver, as shown earlier this season he can thrive with skilled players, and as shown in previous seasons he's pretty much a Swiss army knife of a player otherwise with his own modest production. He was taken with 27OA in his draft year, so the team that trades for him from a similar position (or slightly higher) is just trading to skip the time to develop a player that more-or-less panned out at the position he was taken.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad