News Article: Kevin Gravel talks contract, message from Kings

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Kevin Gravel talks contract, message from Kings

Very few players enjoy a journey filled with smooth sailing on their way to the to the NHL. Once seen on track to be a Rob Scuderi-like defenseman for the Kings, questions have been now raised over Kevin Gravel’s “compete†level.

In what can be interpreted as a challenge to the St. Cloud State alum, the Kings opted to not offer Gravel an NHL contract and instead opted to sign him to an AHL deal. What’s more, Gravel now finds himself competing to secure a spot on an ultra competitive Manchester Monarchs blue line for the upcoming season. Earlier today, he spoke exclusively to MayorsManor about his contract situation, what the Kings have said to him, and much more…

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Thanks Scott.

And now the worries of him going to Ontario lessen slightly, as Zac Leslie is sent to Guelph.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013

Yes! What a great interview!

The development team has shown they are second to none – they are probably the best in the league. They’ve done nothing but good things the last couple of years here, with the two Cups and all that. I’ve just kind of got to put my work in here and go from there. It’s something I’m committed to and something that I’m willing to do.â€

Kevin really appears committed to doing whatever work he needs to do to become a King. I wouldn't bet against this guy being a really solid Kings player.

On the possibility of being sent to Ontario:

As of right now, I’m in Manchester and I’ve been going to practice and the games so far, just trying to do the best I can and show everyone I belong here. Whatever happens with that, I’m going to be able to keep my head up, because I knew that I could do all that I could do.â€

Great attitude!

Everyone’s ultimate goal is to play in the National Hockey League, and for us, its to play for the Los Angeles Kings.

I remember the interviews with co-captains Gravel and Nic Dowd during the NCAA playoffs. These two really showed a sense of pride, ownership, and loyalty to St. Cloud and their coach and teammates. I think Kevin and Nic will bring some of the qualities that Stoll and Greene brought to the Kings culture, qualities that makes teammates go the extra mile for each other.

We had so much speculation and a bit of panic around the lack of an NHL contract (yet) for Gravel because we have been excited about him as a prospect and hey, it's summer, there's no actual hockey going on to micro-analyze. This interview makes me feel good as a fan that Kevin is committed to this team. I think that the Kings are still highly interested in him. Maybe they are challenging him because they know he'll rise to the challenge and be our next Willie Mitchell.

Thanks for the interview. Nice job! :thumbu:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Not that St. Cloud State is bad or something (obviously the Kings see something there they really like), but I'm super excited to see what our development team can do with this guy. Thanks CNS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad