Kevin Fiala takes over the top spot in the Nashville Predators Top 20

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
kevin_fiala_switzerland_123014.jpg
Photo: Nashville’s top prospect Kevin Fiala is scoring nearly a point-per-game in the AHL since arriving in Milwaukee. (courtesy of Dennis Pajot/Getty Images)

Filip Forsberg’s Calder Trophy-caliber campaign has pushed Nashville to the top of the NHL standings, making his the most notable graduation of the season. Add to that the trade that sent Brendan Leipsic to the Leafs, Patrick Cehlin’s return to Sweden,*and solid pro seasons for Calle Jarnkrok and Taylor Beck, and the result is a shake-up in Nashville’s Top 20.

1. (2) Kevin Fiala, LW, 8.0C
Drafted 1st round, 11th overall, 2014

Fiala began the season with HV71 in Sweden before skating for Switzerland in the 2015 World Juniors and subsequently joining Nashville’s AHL affiliate in Milwaukee at the end of January.… read more

The post Kevin Fiala takes over the top spot in the Nashville Predators Top 20 appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
fiala took over the top prospect for us in my mind about 6 months ago.. right from the beginning of rookie camp.

but this is a good article, thanks for the work.

saskachewonian

Sep 24, 2014
Saskatchewan
He is going to be so exciting to watch, a rare talent for sure. Thanks for this. I agree with the above poster, his ceiling is sky high (obviously no guarantees) but he lights it up at every level.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
I have to agree, we've never had such a dynamic prospect.

Nor a coach that helped young offensive talents flourish. I would be much less excited about Fiala if Trotz were still here. Didn't Giroux's numbers, like Forsberg's, jump substantially with Lavy?

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
fiala took over the top prospect for us in my mind about 6 months ago.. right from the beginning of rookie camp.

but this is a good article, thanks for the work.

I have to agree, we've never had such a dynamic prospect.

You guys had Fiala ranked above Forsberg over the summer?

Good rankings this year. I like that Watson has dropped in the rankings. I think he gets overrated around here.

I'm skeptical on Kamenev being ranked where he is. He seems like a long away, risky project. I know he was young, but I wasn't super impressed with him at the WJC.

I'd bump Salomaki up a few spots.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com

Good rankings this year. I like that Watson has dropped in the rankings. I think he gets overrated around here.

I'm skeptical on Kamenev being ranked where he is. He seems like a long away, risky project. I know he was young, but I wasn't super impressed with him at the WJC.

No, but he was more dynamic.

Totally different type of players. Forsberg controls the puck by being strong on the puck and his incredible vision.

Fiala is more of a speedster and dangler.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com

Actually what I said after watching camp was.

Watched today's game and if Fiala or Forsberg aren't good enough to make our team then we will have our most talented team ever

Forsberg looked really good.

Diaby is freaking huge.

Fiala is more than just speed, he's dynamic, period.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=89682551&highlight=forsberg+fiala#post89682551

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Nor a coach that helped young offensive talents flourish. I would be much less excited about Fiala if Trotz were still here. Didn't Giroux's numbers, like Forsberg's, jump substantially with Lavy?

Giroux's first two seasons with Lavy were his 3rd and 4th in the league and he scored 76 and 93 points.

Lavy's first year in Carolina, Eric Staal had 100 points in his second season in the league.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Hellberg got too much of a boost and Watson plummeted way too far down, otherwise...not bad.

Poliz24

Jun 25, 2012
LI
Hey guys, Islanders fan coming in peace. Just wanted to say you guys are having a fantastic season! Predators have always been my favorite team from the west. Wanted to ask about Bitetto and his development. I know he came up for a few games and played the NYI a game which I attended as well as the girlfriend, who went to High School with Anthony and knows the family. She was excited to see a former classmate live his dream. Anyways, just hoping he is developing well and contributes. Good luck in the playoffs!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad