Signing(s): Kevin Durant signing with the Nets (4yrs, $164M)

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
That's a tough blow for Knicks fans, almost like a symbolic statement that Brooklyn isn't the "second fiddle" anymore, even more painful considering they didn't even get Zion either. Congrats to the Nets for the turn around. It'll be Irving's team for a year until KD returns from rehab in year 2.

LaVar

Jul 31, 2013
He’ll comeback 100% from his injury.

Looks like the Nets WERE paying attention. Now Kyrie is their second best player and will play like he does best: as a second option with a chip on his shoulder.
There's no guarantee he will be 100%...but he will still be an elite player.

I just don't see this team being very successful, though. KD will be 32, Kyrie is a locker-room cancer, and DJ isn't a very impressive 3rd option.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Poor Knicks...a possible blessing in disguise for Golden State too if Durant never is able to fully recover

Even though he was 100% gone prior to the injury

Reality Check

May 28, 2008

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse for the Knicks fanbase...

If it's fairly reasonable, maybe.

I would have thought they would have given the max to Tobias Harris. Nor will I be surprised if they offer Boogie a long term deal.

Screamin' Steven should be in rare form tomorrow.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Poor Knicks...a possible blessing in disguise for Golden State too if Durant never is able to fully recover

Even though he was 100% gone prior to the injury

Warriors knew KD was not coming back, that's why they offered Klay the max (although I think Klay was gonna stay anyways)..

Warriors have cap space now, they can fix their bench and find starters.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
It was already posted but I won't complain.

I'm glad I have ESPNEWS. I might have to tape not only First Take but both his radio show and Lebatard's tomorrow :laugh:

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Knicks thought they were getting Kyrie, KD and Zion.

They get NOTHING, Knicks fans are punching the air right now...good on KD.

He has the rings, now he moves to the East with Kyrie and dominate the East.
I remember the photoshops of all three in Knicks jerseys before the draft lottery, the hallway “conversations” with lip reading, etc

DAmn, this has got to be a gut punch, them teaming up across town. Good lord

Edit: right above my post :laugh:

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Warriors knew KD was not coming back, that's why they offered Klay the max (although I think Klay was gonna stay anyways)..

Warriors have cap space now, they can fix their bench and find starters.
No, they don't.

Curry+Green+Igoudala+Thompson's cap hold alone = $104 million. Cap is 109M

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Why does it matter that the Knicks weren't willing to offer him the money? He was never going there. The Knicks are delusional.

Hey guys, I didn't ask Adriana Lima out on a date. Not because I have no chance with her, but she's another year older.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
6 years after the trade with Boston, they now have 2 of the best players in the league.... with this years draft being the first one where they owned their pick

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
I mean I do get it from the Knicks... KD out a full year and might never be the same.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad